SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nevs offers Open House on Friday June 5 in Trollhättan

To take the opportunity of Saab Festival and to welcome Saab fans who have travelled all the way to Trollhättan, Nevs is hosting an Open House at itsTechnical Development Center on Friday June 5.

During the one day program from 10.00-16.00, Nevs offers different time slots for a wide range of activities. Visitors will be given a guided lab tour to know how a high-quality vehicle is developed and verified. Our EV program director will also be on-site, presenting the first produced EV. A riding experience with one of our test drivers of the Nevs produced 9-3 Aero Model Year 2014 will be provided on our professional test track.

Nevs offers shuttle transports from Saab Car Museum from 09.45.

Programme

Time: Friday June 5th between 10.00-16.00
Venue: Technical Gate, Flygfältsvägen, Trollhättan
First shuttle: kl 09.45 from Saab Car Museum

Kl. 10.00/11.00/12.00/13.00/14.00/15.00:
Lab Tour – 20 min guided tour with introduction on Nevs testing facilities

Kl. 10.30/12.30/13.30/14.30/15.30:
Seminar "From sketch to complete product" – 30 min introduction on how a high-quality vehicle is built.

Kl. 11.30: "Nevs Future" – presentation from Nevs President Mattias Bergman.

Kl. 10.00-16.00: Ride with our test drivers on the factory test track with Nevs-produced 9-3 Aeros.

Our staffs at the reception will show you the way to different activities.

Dining nearby: Restaurant Saltes is open between 11.00-15.00.

Welcome!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
What is really NEVS doing? I feel like I haven't heard of much real news about Saab in months..

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Same here. I think they had trouble with the Saab logo and dropped it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
It happened apparently, according to Swadeology

The visit to NEVS

It was a bittersweet experience going back to the Saab factory. Sweet because it really is the heart of the company. Bitter because…. well….. you know.
But I have to say I was heartened by the visit with NEVS yesterday. I missed the speech by Matthias Bergman about the future of the company, but I’m not overly fussed by that. From what I heard, it was a presentation that nearly anyone even remotely familiar with the situation could have written. i.e. it didn’t really give away much and I got basically the same information chatting with a few people in private.
The news is that we can all expect a significant press conference this coming week. Probably Wednesday. The word is that new partners/investors are on board and progress will continue.
The news behind the news is more interesting (to me).
I met at least one key recruit who has only recently come back after leaving Trollhattan at the end of 2011. This is a recruiting coup straight from the top drawer, a man in the prime of his career who could pretty much work anywhere he wants.
You can have all the PR-vetted speeches you like, but the fact that this gentleman has bought what NEVS is selling tells me they’ve got something real to sell.
The other news from the day, not completely new but nice to have confirmed, is that NEVS is shifting its focus back to electric propulsion and range-extended hybrids; away from internal combustion cars. Now, I’m an internal combustion guy so this leaves me with mixed feelings, but it’s somewhat of a relief that they’re re-focusing on their original plan after the spanner thrown in the works by their recalcitrant Chinese investor.
What I took away from yesterday: I feel quite confident that NEVS will come out their recent troubles and build cars. Whether they build cars that either you or I find interesting is another question. But they’re going to build something. They may or may not be able to call it a Saab but cars will roll out of Trollhattan (and China) in the future and if they stay here, that’s a good thing for the city.
NEVS allowed people to tour some of the technical development area at Stallbacka. I’ve got exclusive photos and video from the tour, which I’ll share shortly.

·
Registered
799 Posts
If SAAB/NEVS ends up a hybrid electric company, everyone who bought a SAAB will not return. We bought them on the principles of safety, efficiency and sportiness.

With electric vehicles, the sportiness just isn't the same. Sure, you receive max torque at 0rpm but the driving experience is vastly different.

From my perspective, if they focus on an electric vehicle, you can count me out of buying one.

·
Registered
374 Posts
During the NEVS presentation that morning, CEO said they were still in talks with SAAB AB able brand usage. Clearly they are not being forced him give up the branding.

You SAAB purists need to chill or move on. Every saab website I visit you guys are wining about saab going electric. I be you guys also wined when saab stopped making 2 stroke engines. It is also more cost effective for them to develop electric cars that ic cars. They would need to develop an engine and transmission or licence someone else's tech. Either way super costly and then we would have to listen to you wine yet again about it not being a saab because it uses parts from x or y vehicle. The auto industry is moving forward, NEVS is moving forward. You guys should try also. If not there are plenty of threads for you to participate in but I'd steer clear of corporate news.

·
Registered
270 Posts
During the NEVS presentation that morning, CEO said they were still in talks with SAAB AB able brand usage. Clearly they are not being forced him give up the branding.

You SAAB purists need to chill or move on. Every saab website I visit you guys are wining about saab going electric. I be you guys also wined when saab stopped making 2 stroke engines. It is also more cost effective for them to develop electric cars that ic cars. They would need to develop an engine and transmission or licence someone else's tech. Either way super costly and then we would have to listen to you wine yet again about it not being a saab because it uses parts from x or y vehicle. The auto industry is moving forward, NEVS is moving forward. You guys should try also. If not there are plenty of threads for you to participate in but I'd steer clear of corporate news.
If they made a great electric, of course I'd look at it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts