SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess its time to saw farewell....

Recently I did a few things to do car (control arms, emblems, springs) and when I saw the bottom of the car, it didn't look too good. needed new suspension, calipers, caliper mounts and a whole whack of other stuff.

so decided to get this 2012 forte sx brand new with everything

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Well, good luck to you. Hope you are happy with your choice down the road. Full suspension overhaul would have been about $1000 USD, calipers and even new rotors and pads I expect under $600, at most $1000.

I would have had the repairs done, assuming you have done all the other required maintenance over the years. But I understand the secure feeling a new car brings.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hope you enjoy your Kia. They have certainly upgraded the looks of their cars in recent years. I had a Volvo and then went to an Altima. After only a year and a half I traded it for a Mercedes. My son was in a Volvo and we just put him in an 03 93. Having driven American, Japanese and European cars, I've come to the realization that, for me, European is where I want to be. They just seem to be better engineered and executed.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, good luck to you. Hope you are happy with your choice down the road. Full suspension overhaul would have been about $1000 USD, calipers and even new rotors and pads I expect under $600, at most $1000.

I would have had the repairs done, assuming you have done all the other required maintenance over the years. But I understand the secure feeling a new car brings.
within 2 years of ownership I already put 1500 in with springs, emblems, fuel level sensor, coolant temp sensor, emblems, windshield level sensor, control arms, and to put another 2000 just in parts (i did all the work). I also work full time, part time, and starting school in September. taking time off to do all the work and putting more money in the car than it`s worth didn't make too much sense. Not to mention the trans was on its way out. the car had over 160000 km
plus 5 years down the road 4000 in turbo'ing the car and i have a 300+ hp & tq in an automatic

@Derek Kia gave me a deal I just could not refuse on the car and i dont think anyone on this forum would refuse the kinda money i got for the SAAB. Plus being a young buyer I was so happy with their service that even the gf bought one lol

@ Kenny
Mine was a linear so if anything I am not missing much, got all the goodies
key less, nav, back up, leather.. everything that was in the SAAB and then some. not to mention 5yr 100,000 km comprehensive

@Laser
yeah i def think they've come a long way in the past couple of years,

·
Registered
675 Posts
What made you decide on the forte over the optima?
Both nice cars, but with what kia has done with the optima is great. Its a great looking car. To me the forte is to civic si looking.

Either way congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What made you decide on the forte over the optima?
Both nice cars, but with what kia has done with the optima is great. Its a great looking car. To me the forte is to civic si looking.

Either way congrats on your purchase.
I picked the forte over the optima because of insurance reasons, i dont need a car that big, and budget. for the same price as a low optima model, i got the fully loaded forte.

and thank you!

i miss the SAAB, i teared up last night lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts