SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on selling my 05 Scion tC and jumping into a used SAAB, and am trying to figure out an estimation of what to expect haggle wise. It is the only SAAB dealership in my state.

It's an 04 blk Aero 6speed with a tad over 7k miles. It's got the sunroof, but everything else looks basic. They are offering 30/31, but it's hard to find a relative estimate to compare it to. I do know about their resale value, etc. and how the prices can flucuate.

I'm thinking of starting the bid at 24,500 and going on up to a thousand. Does that sound about fair without being too ridiculous? I went to kbb and the trade in value (similar to wholesale I guess) was about 23 something k.

Any opinions on that, or what you would offer?

Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
Their offer of 30-31 is outrageous!
I purchased my loaded '04 Aero 6 speed NEW for 29,900.

I don't think your offer is unreasonable. However, I would be curious as to why a car with such low miles was given up...maybe a lemon? I would check carfax or ask the dealer to see service records(if the car was serviced there...) before you continued negotiations.

Good luck....it's a great car!

·
Registered
178 Posts
mark_m said:
It's an 04 blk Aero 6speed with a tad over 7k miles. It's got the sunroof, but everything else looks basic. They are offering 30/31, but it's hard to find a relative estimate to compare it to.
They are DREAMING. Try edmunds.com for their TMV (true market value). It's a pretty decent benchmark.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
mark_m said:
I am planning on selling my 05 Scion tC and jumping into a used SAAB, and am trying to figure out an estimation of what to expect haggle wise. It is the only SAAB dealership in my state.

It's an 04 blk Aero 6speed with a tad over 7k miles. It's got the sunroof, but everything else looks basic. They are offering 30/31, but it's hard to find a relative estimate to compare it to. I do know about their resale value, etc. and how the prices can flucuate.

I'm thinking of starting the bid at 24,500 and going on up to a thousand. Does that sound about fair without being too ridiculous? I went to kbb and the trade in value (similar to wholesale I guess) was about 23 something k.

Any opinions on that, or what you would offer?

Thanks
Keep in mind with the just announced GM special of employee pricing for everyone until 7/5 (with the rebates that I believe are still out there), you could probably get a brand new Aero for not much more than you are planning on spending

1 - 4 of 4 Posts