SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I recently purchased a 2007 Saab 95 Aero, very happy with it, the handling was better than what I was expecting and the overall design is just not only beautiful but realistic in the sense that there's no eye candy it's simple and sleak - everything has a purpose.

My engine light came on recently and its' performance can be noticed drastically ie gas consumption has increased and a decrease of power can be felt. It's an automatic but I feel as if the car is rev'n real high before it changes gears. This started happening all of a sudden, I know in the manual it states - when the engine light appears the driver WILL notice a decrease in performance AND higher gas consumption. Going by that it seems this is normal, however since his car is faily new to me I am looking for somewhere to Service the car in the Toronto, ON area. I am getting mixed information from all kinds, whether private mechanics (there barely any) and dealerships. Any direction would be greatly helpful.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm on the other side of the border but maybe this thread might help you find a mechanic:
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243959

First thing is to get the code read. I don't know if your auto parts stores will read codes for free but I'd highly recommend buying a cheap code reader like
($20) or even better, if you have an Android phone, get the Torque app and a Bluetooth code reader like
. Then you can at least search this site for the code to figure out what the problem might be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm on the other side of the border but maybe this thread might help you find a mechanic:
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243959

First thing is to get the code read. I don't know if your auto parts stores will read codes for free but I'd highly recommend buying a cheap code reader like this ($20) or even better, if you have an Android phone, get the Torque app and a Bluetooth code reader like this. Then you can at least search this site for the code to figure out what the problem might be.
Thanks for the info, that's coincidental because just a few days now I upgraded to an android phone that can be very useful. I already brought the car to service and was not happy with what I saw and heard. What caused the engine light was the gas cap being defected however my rear main seal is leaking and turbo seems to be seeping oil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts