SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my name is Sam and I have had an ongoing and very stressful situation in which the battery in my 2004 9-3 arc sport keeps dying. This only happens when my car is not on and I know the alternator isn't the problem. I even try to jump start with my 4WD and it still wont start, the only solution is to get RACV out to do it for me. Whenever I try to turn on the car it gives me immobiliser failure but I can still remove the key but nothing other than an RACV jump start works to turn it on.

I sent the car to be checked by my local dealer and received a call today saying the problem was my in dash amplifier module and something to do with it drawing power and failing to regulate something. I should also point out that strange noises have also been coming out of the dash, some sort of ticking or clicking. I wanted to ask my fellow Saab owners what they think of the issue as the dealer wants $1800 but I don't even know if it will fix the problem especially because my speakers and radio have been working fine. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi there, I'm not sure about the amplifier module/ battery drain issue ( although my vector will drain a battery if left parked up for a couple of weeks without starting ) :roll:

But I think your strange noise may be the the mixed air stepping motor. Have a listen to this video and see what you think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there, I'm not sure about the amplifier module/ battery drain issue ( although my vector will drain a battery if left parked up for a couple of weeks without starting ) :roll:

But I think your strange noise may be the the mixed air stepping motor. Have a listen to this video and see what you think.

Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan - Right mixed air stepping motor - YouTube
It sounds exactly like that, thanks for the quick reply but why would the dealer tell me the in dash amplifier needs replacing and why would by battery be draining when the car is turned off. more importantly how do I fix this problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts