SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so today I go to pick up my 2.3t 9000 engine at the junkyard to transplant into my 900se as my 2.0 engine spun a bearing. the guy takes me out to look at the car (after I asked to see it) and the first thing I notice is the clock says 166,XXX miles. What the hell? He told me it had 60K. so I point this out to the guy and he says opps must be the wrong car. YEAH RIGHT!! So we go back to the office and he says he "sold" the 9000 with 60k "by mistake" earlier, again in my head im thinking YEAH RIGHT! But he says he had a 1995 9000 2.3t with 113k. ok well that’s more miles than I want but he takes a little off the price so im happy. So I put down my deposit and leave so they can pull the engine. I go back about 3 hours later to pick up the engine with my truck. I pay in full and while loading the engine i over hear one of the workers talking about pulling the engine. So I ask the guy what was the color of the car that he pulled the engine out of. He tells me white! The same car with 166k on the clock! Now Im really pissed. I walk in the office and tell them they messed up again and pulled the wrong engine. What does the guy say? Opps wrong car. Ok that’s the last opps. GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!! So he hands back all $1050 and I walk out pissed as ever! The worst part of all is I wasted 2+ hours of my day waiting in the office while they fixed the "mistakes" and have nothing to show for it. Well it looks like im sticking to a 2.0 in my car.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
That's really shady man. At least it sort of worked out for the best?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
jonus079 said:
Ok so today I go to pick up my 2.3t 9000 engine at the junkyard to transplant into my 900se as my 2.0 engine spun a bearing. the guy takes me out to look at the car (after I asked to see it) and the first thing I notice is the clock says 166,XXX miles. What the hell? He told me it had 60K. so I point this out to the guy and he says opps must be the wrong car. YEAH RIGHT!! So we go back to the office and he says he "sold" the 9000 with 60k "by mistake" earlier, again in my head im thinking YEAH RIGHT! But he says he had a 1995 9000 2.3t with 113k. ok well that’s more miles than I want but he takes a little off the price so im happy. So I put down my deposit and leave so they can pull the engine. I go back about 3 hours later to pick up the engine with my truck. I pay in full and while loading the engine i over hear one of the workers talking about pulling the engine. So I ask the guy what was the color of the car that he pulled the engine out of. He tells me white! The same car with 166k on the clock! Now Im really pissed. I walk in the office and tell them they messed up again and pulled the wrong engine. What does the guy say? Opps wrong car. Ok that’s the last opps. GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!! So he hands back all $1050 and I walk out pissed as ever! The worst part of all is I wasted 2+ hours of my day waiting in the office while they fixed the "mistakes" and have nothing to show for it. Well it looks like im sticking to a 2.0 in my car.

Was this at Crazy Rays in Jessup by chance?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the place is called Europarts Expressthey have 2 locations one in rockvillie MD and one in Jessup MD. i would highly advice agianst going to either.

well everythin worked out alright. i found a 2.0 engine with 87k about 2 hours from my house for 600 but i would have loved to try that 2.3T engine.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
dude 1050$ are u f'n nuts!!!!! u can get a whole 9000 that was wrecked from the rear, or go on saabnet and get a 9000 for free sometimes that has a messed up tranny

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Hey Rico for once we are on the same wavelength. See post above.:)

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
dude, if you really wanted that 2.3 dont give up so easily! Are you rebuilding? Maybe you could go score a deal on the 166K engine since the guy screwed up, and has the engine out alredy. He may let it o for a song if you complain enough.

Still, I wouldn't give up so quickly! Keep looking, unless you are in a big hurry to get it back on the road.

Tboy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts