SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for whatever is closest to the OEM shocks--would those be the Bilstein HDs?

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Well, the Bilstein HD's would be an upgrade above OEM.

I just put Monroe Sensi-Tracs on the back of my Aero, and performance-wise they feel the same. Sears had them for $95 a piece or so, but free install, which was quite a cost savings :cool:.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Dont forget:

1. Are you a tuner?
  2. Do you like high speed?
  3. Are you impressed by professional skills and dynamic sporting driving style?
Then KONI have the right tool for you! The KONI SPORT Kit provides the ultimate shock absorber technology by KONI. This means that you can have even better road holding, less chassis movement and performance support without limits.

Show what you’ve got and experience the unique driving dynamics with optimum safety!
Its true, their website says so :p

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Kermit said:
Wohooo, i gotsta get me some of them there Konis, they shur are purdy lookin'
If I had them I would cut holes in the wings so I could see them all the time :cool:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Kermit said:
I'm putting one on my computer chair for a better ride whilst surfin the net.
Sadly I use this, non Koni equipped chair :cry:

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Kermit said:
Wohooo, i gotsta get me some of them there Konis, they shur are purdy lookin'
I prefer my German tank shocks (Bilsteins).

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hey 5 completely unhelpful posts from Moderators, isn't that special?

Anyways, back to the actual topic: As mentioned, if you just want to replace your stock shocks something from Monroe is your best bet. If you want to spend a bit more, but also upgrade slightly than the HD's are also great. My only thing would be replacing the rears with a 'performance' shock, while leaving the stockers up front. I would think that would lead to some pretty interesting(and likely undesirable) handling characteristics, but have no first hand experience.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
gabis said:
Hey 5 completely unhelpful posts from Moderators, isn't that special?
I'd advise Denno to meet up with some other owners with different set-ups and take a ride in each of them to see what he prefers. The fact that Chris and myself aren't exactly enamoured with Koni shox is neither here nor there, one mans meat is another mans gravy. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts