SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
anyone tried Firestone firehawk indy500's? reviews look good for the price. I might get those in the spring when i take off my snow tires.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just put Achilles ATR Sport 2's on my 9-3. 205/55VR16. My old crappy tires used to spin as soon as boost kicked in, in 2nd gear, sometimes even in 3rd. These are good to go as soon as I'm out of 1st. Great tire for the price ($59/each).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
considering the michelins. i want conti but you know i cannot afford to shell out dough for tires constantly. especially since these roads here are garbage and i already have 4 wasted wheels.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
considering the michelins. i want conti but you know i cannot afford to shell out dough for tires constantly. especially since these roads here are garbage and i already have 4 wasted wheels.
I have these Nitto Motivo's on two of my SAABs, Michelins on the other.
There are cheaper tires, there are more expensive ones but these are a good balance. In Arizona the heat and sun destroy the rubber over time so I have used these for a few years. I think the Michelins may be a little more performance oriented but otherwise I don't really notice the difference when I switch between the cars. Decent in the rain too, can't tell you about snow performance, lol

Not sure if you buy online or locally in Vermont but Nitto about $40 cheaper per tire than the Micheleins where I bought them

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/nitto-motivo/p/40620

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/michelin-pilot-sport-a-s-3-plus/p/26105

·
Registered
288 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong - but is'nt 'Achilles ATR Sport 2' a kind of drifting tyre? The tyre shops here seem to stock lots of them - mainly I guess to appeal to the cost focussed car-park drift kings.

> as for my Michelin's (Pilot Sport 4 in 205/50/16R-91W) - I've had them for about 6 months now, and they have been rock solid. They were a little funky during the 500km wear in period, but in reality I dont know if that was real or just imagined by me. I could have been driving a little faster..
I do however worry about nails and screws, expecially when I've seen a trade van doing renovations near a parking spot I need.
They handled heavy rain on the freeway with ease.
There has been no snow here - so I cant comment about that factor.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts