SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im new to saabs,I jus bought an 04 linear auto.I'm looking to get it tuned fo a little more power.Now I come from the mustang world,and we always used sct tuners,with email tunes.How does it work for saabs? Do I buy a tuner with the tune already loaded to it?.Whos the most reputable? What do they cost? Thank you!!!!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
A couple of the tuners offer a hand held (think tv remote), that you plug and play .... right to the ECU of your car. This is Vtuner and JZW, nice because you can swap back and forth and one may have a few tunes on it.

Others require you to send in your ECU with some allowing a core charge so you don't suffer the loss of a car for a few days.

Very happy with my Vtuned Aero.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I talked to mps tuning and his prices are very good.His
stage 1 tune is looking pretty good.Anyone else get a tune from mps?????

·
Super Moderator
18,804 Posts
lots of people.

·
Registered
799 Posts

Do it, Mike is a stand up guy and his tune is absolutely comparable to anyone else out there and it is unmatchable on price.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I just spoke to mike from mps,very nice guy.I'm gonna go with a stage 1 tune for now.I dont wanna get too crazy just yet lol, hoping to get it done next week,i can't wait!! Thanks you Diggs for the link to mps!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
I would assume the linear is the same as for requirements for tuning. I would fab up a DYI intake and get yourself some plugs too.

I used NGKBPR7ES. They are one stage colder and a "copper plug". Mike will recommend these, no doubt.

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
lots of people.
Click on any of the votes #'s (ie: 17 for BSR, 49 for JZW, etc) and you'll get an expanded full listing of SC members who voted for each of the tuners:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248387

You can then PM contact them and ask about their tune experience with a particular vendor. Or post a new thread (or search for old ones) asking about specific vendors.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mike told me about the ngk's.Great stuff saabken.I'm gonna go with mps stage 1.I got a coolant leak that needs attention first next week, then im getting the tune.Looking at late next week.Ill post my experience

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
Mike told me about the ngk's.Great stuff saabken.I'm gonna go with mps stage 1.I got a coolant leak that needs attention first next week, then im getting the tune.Looking at late next week.Ill post my experience
Talk to Casey @ Brew City Boost too. Love my Stg 2 tune from them.

·
Super Moderator
18,804 Posts
Philly is only about 2 hours from MPS, that's just too easy to drive up and have it done in person.
You'll love it.
yup. thats why i recommended mps. no downtime

·
Registered
501 Posts
yup. thats why i recommended mps. no downtime

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the recommendation... There are alot of great options out there as far as tuning goes but nothing beats a hands on in person tune and a chance to get to meet another fellow Saab enthusiast!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
stopsign
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing