SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was thinking of installing a boost gauge to my A pillar. I like this one:
http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?gid=2524&sid=3
my question is how to mount? I like this mount (hope I uploaded the pic correctly) but not sure who makes it. anyone know what style or type this is? also, our boost for the 2.0T is 17psi? stage 1 tuned it is 22psi?

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think your car is an '07. I don't know if it has side curtain airbags or not but if it does I certainly wouldn't mount a gauge against the A pillar before finding out how they deploy etc. Sorry if thats not the answer you wanted. Maybe it has no impact at all (pardon the pun). I like the idea of a boost gauge though.

My .02$,
Mike

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good call Hoss, will have to look into that. so next question, where else could this be mounted? someplace clever, within good sight range. I dont think the turbo gauge in the dash really means anything (looks cool when its pinned along the red)....

·
Registered
562 Posts
I wouldn't try attaching that to the door pillar.
From MY07 9³ Owner's Manual: "Never fit accessories to the pillar trim or headlining as these could reduce the effectiveness of the head protection and inflatable curtain."

Not very fond of snap-on turbo gauges myself, but that's irrelevant I guess.
As an alternative, perhaps you could possibly use a two-sided velcro to attach the gauge on the panel, right above the dash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts