SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need some help with black smoke :(

I've been reading these forums for a while, but never had a need to post -- thanks in advance for the help!

When driving up to my house yesterday my 9-5 stalled and popped up a check engine light. I was litterally 100 feet away so I managed to coast to my driveway. Anyway, when I popped the hood I found that the plastic pipe that that connects to the turbo bypass valve (coming from from the bottom of the engine, up) had somehow disconnected from the valve. I tightened the seals and put everything back together.

However, the car now has a rough idle and spews black smoke when revved. I've only run the engine in park, I'm not daring enough to take it around for a spin. Anybody have any idea what I have to do fix this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, I did a little research, and I messed up a bit - it wasn't the bypass valve, rather the pipe next to it.

It's that silver pipe to the left of the turbo bypass valve, you can even see the black ring where it seperated.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
red Direct ignition cassette?

Your red DIC is intriguing...usually the ones that are for T7 angines are Black. Did you paint it? Has it been replaced recently?

If you could borrow a code puller it would be a little bit easier to toss out some ideas.

Can you get a closer picture of where your issue is? I can't quite make it out...

Edit: - I see this pic is from the saabsite. Can you post your own?-

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replys guys - I honestly dont know what that pic is, but I thought it was a 9-5. I'll take a pic of it myself and post it tomorrow.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Poden said:
This is not an picture of a 9-5 engine bay ,is it ?:roll:
Looks like a 900 or 9-3 with T5 to me :confused:

·
Registered
364 Posts
On another note, I'm still trying to locate my bypass valve and how to get to it to see if it needs replacing. I've got the V6 and I'm wondering if the bypass valve connects to the delivery hose on the throttle body somewhere?

·
Registered
230 Posts
crosseye said:
On another note, I'm still trying to locate my bypass valve and how to get to it to see if it needs replacing. I've got the V6 and I'm wondering if the bypass valve connects to the delivery hose on the throttle body somewhere?
It is the round valve that is located in front of the oil fill cap and is connected to the turbo delivery pipe which is attached to the throttle body.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts