SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Ive been lurking for a bit as I was trying to find a cheap C900 T16.. I found a few but they were all a bit tired.

Anyway I found a reasonable '94 9000 CSE Auto with 167k on the clock.

What I need to know and havent had any luck finding is the "thingy!" that has two hoses connected to it on the camshaft cover.. Mine is broken so the small hose that goes to the inlet manifold comes out and its weeping a bit of oil.
Does anyone have A. the proper name and B. the part number for that bit..

Other than that its all working quite well apart from the CD player and the passenger side seat which wont adjust unless you open the door it seems to be missing a relay though.

I also have a strange idle that wobbles a bit but I will start by changing the vac hoses as the one to the bov fell of when I poked it.

Cheers,

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Ill post one tommorrow.. its the thingy that the rubber seal goes on and then you have to pick bits of seal out of the cams ..

·
Registered
987 Posts
It's contained, and can't get into the cams you will be relieved to discover.

I found this here . Scroll all the way to the bottom to find the valve cover stuff. You may as well bookmark that site, You'll refer to it often, as well as www.eeuroparts.com. Eeuroparts often has better graphics that help you track down parts and their associated numbers.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Hey mate, I got one of these on Ebay for like 10p. Check out Ebay, these crop up now and again, or look for the breakers on there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh thats the one thanks :)

Ive emailed a breaker on ebay, looks like there less than a tenner from the Stealer though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It probably would not cost that much from saab. I work in a breakers & i certainly would not charge that much. £1 is more like it. Thats the most i would pay for it. Dont get ripped off.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Also, the rubber grommet that fits into the cam cover may be missing or need renewing. These parts aren't too costly from the dealer. Remember that parts prices include more than the cost of the part. A big part of parts costs is the paperwork to track it and the shelf costs. Basically, the parts suppier has to guess how many widgets are going to be needed and when and invest in shelf stock somewhere so these can be supplied on demand. This is why "just in time" and "ship to order" parts inventory systems are common now. This means the parts costs a bit less but your car is down for longer as the parts need to be shipped in one or two days from a remote warehouse (it'll be a central warehouse but remote from where your car is!). The weirder the part and the less often it breaks the more expensive it seems relative to the apparent cost of making it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts