SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after months of knowing it was coming, my flexpipe finally blew out. The car is damn loud, it's been fun for a couple days but I'm starting to get tired of it...and there's the issue of it not passing inspection also looming. The rear muffler is also in pretty rough shape. other than that the system is in surprisingly solid condition for going on 12 years now.

The way I see it is I have three options:
1) Replace flexpipe and muffler
2) Buy new exhaust online
3) have a local place fab up a custom system (I live near DC, suggestions would be great)

I do plan on going for a turbo back 3" or at least a 3" dp in the future. The only problem is funds. $500-600 is my max right now.

With regard to the online options I know of GS's offerings as well as a few others such as OBX's cat-back.

What have you all done? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I did a full 3" JT exhaust - outside of your funding range, but you should be able to have a shop do a fab job for that much.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may be willing to go that route, $600 isn't an absolute ceiling, just trying to not blow the bank. Did you order from GS? if yes, did you have them install a cat before they shipped it out or did you deal with that later?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I may be willing to go that route, $600 isn't an absolute ceiling, just trying to not blow the bank. Did you order from GS? if yes, did you have them install a cat before they shipped it out or did you deal with that later?
I ordered from the now-defunct ElkParts. You can order the JT either without cat, with sport cat, or race cat. I did the sport cat, because I have to withstand a MD inspection and need a cat on it. It is the best exhaust I've ever had!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I just went to my local custom exhaust shop, 1.5 hours later and $250 (installed) I had a cat back 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with a dynomax muffler. Good sound great cost.

Just call around to the local shops or stop by and get a quote

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered from the now-defunct ElkParts. You can order the JT either without cat, with sport cat, or race cat. I did the sport cat, because I have to withstand a MD inspection and need a cat on it. It is the best exhaust I've ever had!
Libra..last question, did you go with the 2 mufflers or 1?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts