SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up a new set of Forgestar F14 in silver for my 2009 2.0T. Was planning on going with 18x8.5, but thought I'd get some more opinions here first. I know kanundrum was running 19's on his TurboX, but after hearing about his bent wheel issues, I decided 18s would be better suited to the car. Anyone have any additional input/preference on 18 vs 19 inch wheels?

Here are the wheels:

And here is my car:

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Wow, look really good. I think 18" is about the max for the 9-3, 19"s seems a bit cartoonish to me.

I have the same rims as you - bit lame looking aren't they! MAte, you need to lose that centre bar of your lower grille though.

BTW, how much are your forgestars?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Those are fantastic - I've been shopping rims for a month now looking for something that looks more stock, and sporty without looking extremely flashy, those are great. I agree, 18's I think are max for the 9-3, but then again I am looking for a semi-stock look. Are you / will you lower?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Both 18's and 19's are good. It just really depends on where you are located. Me being from DC I should have known better even our potholes get the best of forged wheels but I like what I like!

I would recommend 18" with a nice profile tire to really set it off!

·
Super Moderator
9,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, thanks for the opinions. Glad there is some consensus on this, I'll be going with 18" wheels. And yes, the car is going down on H&R springs with Koni FSDs. And this is actually an old picture, my front end looks much different now than it did in that pic. I'll upload pics once everything is finished, it will be a few weeks.

Thanks guys and good luck with the sale of your wheels kanundrum!

·
Super Moderator
9,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a problem these wheels will look amazing.

Where are you buying from?

Modbargains.com, unless you'd recommend somewhere else?

·
Super Moderator
9,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I decided to hold off on the Forgestars for now. Going to see how I like my new suspension setup w/spacers first. Thanks for all the input guys.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Very interested in what mods you have done to your front end. I have removed that lower centre bar and replaced the plastic in all the grilles with metal mesh.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Very interested in what mods you have done to your front end. I have removed that lower centre bar and replaced the plastic in all the grilles with metal mesh.
Would you care to share any details about removing the center bar?

·
Super Moderator
9,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wheel update: I decided to go with a set of MSR 095, 18x8, ET42 in silver. More affordable, made in the USA, and I like the mesh pattern a bit more. They are on backorder but I'm in no rush, so waiting is OK with me. Got a great deal on them too. Here are the wheels on a VW and here is the product link from Summit Racing:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AEW-0953-9841/

·
Super Moderator
9,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MSR is a good wheel in terms of looks a bit heavier i think then the forgestars but I know a few folks who have them. Good luck!
Thanks! Yep I know the Forgestars would be lighter but I don't really mind. I think the MSRs will be about the same weight as the stock 17s anyway.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have the MSR 045's, 18x8. They are similar to the 095's. So far, I'm very happy with them. Like Kanundrum, I live in an urban area that seems to grow potholes...and I've whacked some hard enough to make me pull over and check if the wheels were still attached. They've been great, and you can't beat the price!

·
Super Moderator
9,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have the MSR 045's, 18x8. They are similar to the 095's. So far, I'm very happy with them. Like Kanundrum, I live in an urban area that seems to grow potholes...and I've whacked some hard enough to make me pull over and check if the wheels were still attached. They've been great, and you can't beat the price!
Awesome, good to know. Now if only MSR would build me a set of 095's...

·
Registered
334 Posts
So these MSR's have the same bolt pattern and fit perfectly without having to mess around with anything?

Is it weird that the site doesn't have a picture of the actual rim? lol

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts