SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
wusaaby said:
Hey guys, the Saab dealership says I need new rotors, so this gives me the oppertunity to buy some performance ones. I was looking in to buy some slotted ones, but im having difficulties find some. can someone direct me to good one that would fit on my MY04 linear.

Try R1 Concepts. $199.00 for front & rear cross drilled and gas slotted last time I looked. They have a web site. They also carry Brembo rotors for a few dollars more.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
The braking system is so good on these cars upgrading IMHO doesn't make much sense unless you going to the track often. Othewise the slotted/drilled rotors can build up with pad material and road debris which can be a mess.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Cosmicflash said:
The braking system is so good on these cars upgrading IMHO doesn't make much sense unless you going to the track often. Othewise the slotted/drilled rotors can build up with pad material and road debris which can be a mess.

excellent post:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I recenty purchased the drilled/slotted from R1 Concepts. Price was sweet and they do look good...just need to paint the calipers next...

·
Registered
16 Posts
anyone on brake kit upgrades? like AP or WP Pro? Any significant improvements? or will pads, rotors n brake lines be enough? I understand the brake fluids are also impt, but wats a good brake fluid to use for heavy street driving?

·
Registered
943 Posts
AP Racing is good stuff. but its your choice, costs a pretty penny.

brake fluid, I'm on Motul. Very good stuff. you can feel the difference.

SS brake lines, awesome cheap mod to just change the brake feel.

Pads. A million and one of them out there. Personally, I think the Black diamond rotors and pads are rough tough and really bite.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dach said:
AP Racing is good stuff. but its your choice, costs a pretty penny.

brake fluid, I'm on Motul. Very good stuff. you can feel the difference.

SS brake lines, awesome cheap mod to just change the brake feel.

Pads. A million and one of them out there. Personally, I think the Black diamond rotors and pads are rough tough and really bite.
u are on black diamond?

·
Registered
16 Posts
who sells Alcons for 9-3SS? ada Alcon bolt-on brake kit for 9-3ss? if so i'll be very interested. have tried alcons on other makes, but no one has done alcons for saabs yet...... or could i be wrong?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.