SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an '93 9000 CSE Turbo, Manual. My timing chain broke, now I have 2 bent valves. Is it smart to just fix the head and new chain set? I was just going to replace the engine, but I don't know what will interchange with my car. I found an '96 Aero but I don't know if the sensors and throttlebody, clutch assembly will fit mine or what I would have to swap out to make it work. A friend said that only a '93 9000 CSE turbo will work because it is an odd year and the only one that will fit my gearbox. Is that true? Please HELP!!!:cry:

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
welcome to saab central :lol:

you dont say whether you have a 2.3 or a 2.0 so i will help the best i can, if you have a MY 1993 2.0 then any engine from 89 - 93 will fit, if you have a 2.3 then you are a little more limited as the 2.3 didnt come out until MY1991, as from MY 1994 the engine is completely differant and will not fit

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First off, thank you, but I hate to be here under these conditions though. I wanted to find out what mods I could do, but not at this time. Have to get car running again first.

The car is a '93 9000 CSE Turbo 2.3, 5-speed.

I did not know if the block and heads were all the same other than sensors and such. I found two Aero 2.3 turbo ('91 & '96), an 92' CS 2.3 non-turbo, and a 2.3 turbo (but don't know the year or which model).

What are the 2.3L turbos famous for going wrong? I want to rebuild mine if I can, but I need to get the car back onto the roadway asap.

I have been reading other post on here about some mods that can be done to mine. I know I had problems earlier ( vac. lines, gromits, and that BLASTED TCS SYS light, and the limp home mode). I have some other questions about car and turbo setup, but I'll put that in another post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts