SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tire question:would it be bad to put snow tires with speed/load rating of 87S on a 87 n/a 900?my tires are bald.I know that saab recomends minimum of 86 on load rating and H for speed.will they work,just try to keep the car below 112MPH?If its ok to put them on how long will they last?btw my current tires are 205/55/15 91H and the snow tires are studded(will remove studs) 195/60/15 87S

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
900 and 900s modelt saab says to use t-rated tires (touring) only turbo modles use H rated and then v-rated for spg

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Don't put winter tires in the summer because they will wear very quickly. Save them for winter...

Your car has a top speed around 115mi/h in perfect tune. You won't have much trouble :lol:

You can even depass the speed limit of the tires for short periods by large amounts (ie 245km/h on a tire rated for 190) like when you're passing a line of cars or something. And you can exceed it by small amounts, like 185 on 180km/h tires for an hour or something... but do you drive that fast? (i do...)

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the sticker above my sun visor says 195/60/15(skinny-I like the fat tire look) H

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Not only will they wear down quickly, they also have a habit of exploding. Having just got off the ferry from Norway I had 3 punctures driving between Newcastle and Norwich from using studded winter tyres in temperatures of 20ºC. Anyway, 195/60/15 is stock turbo size. One thing you do not want to mess around with is tyres.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts