SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to this site and I would like to welcome you. For the first time I am the owner of a SAAB 9-5 SE since 1998 with a B205E engine. And I have the following problems that I am facing.
1.the wrong vacuum line or at least I think because of the lack of 2 hoses, I searched the net and found several schemes but unfortunately none was the same as the one of my car.In my car there is a valve that leads to the throttle body. I replaced all the vacuum hoses but unfortunately I did not take a picture before changing them.As a result I used a diagram on the net but that valve does not appear here.
2.In my city I did not find a mechanic with a Tech2 tester so I had to take it piece by piece I also changed the coil after the vacuum hoses but the car still did not seem to work well, finally I found a mechanic with tech2 and I did a check, the answer was the throttle not working well so I took about 4 used throttle because a new one is very expensive for us (I must say that I live in Romania.) Now the engine is going well at relays but when I want to change gears the mower has a tendency to stop. So I decided to ask for your help because I honestly fell in love with this car even though it is quite old. So I decided to keep it alive. I'm sorry my English is not so good, I hope u will understand me. I will attach some pictures. Ever since I took the car I have exchanged oil and filters (I used Mobil oil 10w40 at the advice of a mechanic who told me that the engine is a bit old and to put this oil). But from what I read on the forum I saw that recommend 0w40.
But I could not remove the oil bath because the suction in the oil bath was cleaned, this is the next step. So in conclusion the car does not go well and I was left without ITP inspection so I have to set it up. That's about it and I need some great advice and much help from you.

20190927_160637_HDR[1].jpg

Something else on the vacuum line was missing 2 hoses so I used the diagrams in the pictures attached but in this case the valve that came on the throttle does not appear so I do not know how to do it, probably because of this the engine is not working properly.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Be more clear as to what valve you have/don't have. There should be 2 electronically controlled valves in the back of the engine hooked up to the vacuum lines, one below the coolant bypass valve with 2 nipples, the other has 3. You can bypass the valve with 3 nipples (controls boost recirculation I believe) and remove it from the vacuum system altogether so the boost is controlled by intake pressure instead. Someone may have routed them like this so the diagrams are confusing you - or you reassembled incorrectly, maybe just take pictures of where your lines are routed currently.

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Your car stalls (engine shuts off) when you change gear?
If yes, change by-pass valve.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello I'm back I hope with the necessary details and some pictures.Initially I found on this car this valve that led to TB.As in this picture
and these 2 hoses are missing like in this picture

• I route the vacuum line like this picture
    this hose leads here
    other hoses goes from here to there
  • this hosegoes from here
    to there
    and has a T whit another hose and has anothe valve what drives here
  • but the valve in diagram is routed in TB to the other place like in this picture sry only 10 pics can load il make another replay

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok this is the next

Today I made a change and reversed the valve hose with the other as in the first diagram.
And the engine goes much better in the cold but when it heats up and is at idle it has moments when the speed tends to decrease and is immediately corrected by TB or ECU I do not know for sure and it seems that the speed is not even linear, it has small variations.
That would be the problem now and I don't know how to fix it. I hope you now understand me and what my problem is, anyway I want to thank you for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts