SaabCentral Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
dspargo thank you so much! That was a double Christmas present for me!
In the new link there are the two setup.exe files that were missing in the previous one. That's why I couldn't install the TIS2000. Google Drive recognizes the files as viruses and didn't let me download them. The only way I did it was by duplicate these files into my drive, and download these files because it recognizes me as the author of the files. There will be a warning again, but you can ignore it and proceed to the download. That was the first present!
The second present from you was this answer:
Not sure if this will help but here goes. I use VMware. Under settings, it says I'm using COM3. In TIS 2000 under IO Management the setting for the dongle is COM1. For Tech 2 it's COM2.

I faced some problems with the communication and that was the reason. During the installation I chose COM1 for the TECH2. I could only communicate with the navigation menu but not with security access. I had to change the port to COM2 (virtual XP with USB-serial adapter).

So, I can't thank you enough for your time and your help!

PS: It would be better if the files were compressed in order to avoid the scan for viruses by Google, but I know that it is hard to do it again. Just to keep in mind.

Best wishes to all!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
dspargo thank you so much! That was a double Christmas present for me!
In the new link there are the two setup.exe files that were missing in the previous one. That's why I couldn't install the TIS2000. Google Drive recognizes the files as viruses and didn't let me download them. The only way I did it was by duplicate these files into my drive, and download these files because it recognizes me as the author of the files. There will be a warning again, but you can ignore it and proceed to the download. That was the first present!
The second present from you was this answer:

I faced some problems with the communication and that was the reason. During the installation I chose COM1 for the TECH2. I could only communicate with the navigation menu but not with security access. I had to change the port to COM2 (virtual XP with USB-serial adapter).

So, I can't thank you enough for your time and your help!

PS: It would be better if the files were compressed in order to avoid the scan for viruses by Google, but I know that it is hard to do it again. Just to keep in mind.

Best wishes to all!
You're welcome. There are of a lot of bumps in the road but worth it in the end :)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I have downloaded and installed the TIS2000 program. How do I get past the dealership ID and registration screen?
Please review the stickies at the top. It's not possible for me to stay on top of the questions and/or remember the answer without doing the same lol Thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I bought a clone and it works fine from what I can tell so far. I was able to attach through CANDi controller and diagnose and clear codes. I am trying to program a ECM module so it told me to hook up to TIS 2000.

I decided to go VMware route and was able to install a good version of Win XP S3. I attempted to install the TIS 2000 using the included CD (chinese clone). It doesnt finish installing although lets me open app and seems to be working...but there are some issues...
1) When I start the TIS 2000, it asks for User name and PW...the UN has TIS in it....what am I supposed to put in there?
2) Where can i get a good copy of TIS 2000? The one i have found is on 4share, and it just seems to be a spamware site.
3) Need dongle crack???? I have no idea what this is, but from what Ive been reading, its needed to get security settings? Is this why IM getting the UN and pw box at the beginning?

Thanks.
Okay, I cant seem to find that software sticky you were talking about can you link it here? Also, I have tis 2000 installed but I then get error E666, I have researched and saw that I haven't done the dongle crack. I just need the files at this point. This is what it looks like.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts