SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a clone and it works fine from what I can tell so far. I was able to attach through CANDi controller and diagnose and clear codes. I am trying to program a ECM module so it told me to hook up to TIS 2000.

I decided to go VMware route and was able to install a good version of Win XP S3. I attempted to install the TIS 2000 using the included CD (chinese clone). It doesnt finish installing although lets me open app and seems to be working...but there are some issues...
1) When I start the TIS 2000, it asks for User name and PW...the UN has TIS in it....what am I supposed to put in there?
2) Where can i get a good copy of TIS 2000? The one i have found is on 4share, and it just seems to be a spamware site.
3) Need dongle crack???? I have no idea what this is, but from what Ive been reading, its needed to get security settings? Is this why IM getting the UN and pw box at the beginning?

Thanks.

·
Registered
362 Posts
You can find the software you need from the Tech2 Software Sticky,

Follow the read me file and you should do alright.

Good Luck

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im Almost there!

Thanks for the response. I upgraded to a newer version of VMware fusion and I was able to install the TIS 2000. Looks like I only need a couple of things now:

1) I still do not have the dongle crack....can someone post a good link?
2) I have to go by and buy a Serial to USB adapter tomorrow. I have heard there are good ones and bad ones...how can I tell which ones work? I thought Id go check Radio Shack first.

·
Registered
362 Posts
If you download the Tis 2000 from the link in Tech2 software sticky, it will have the dongle crack included, as I said before, just follow the readme file and you will be guided on how to do the Tis 2000 install.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the help

Well, Im about 90 percent there, i think.

I went in and used the software from the sticky you mentioned and after many headaches....the app seemed to be stable...I got as far as getting security access. But When i got to the determine software screen for reprogramming my ECU....the screen just locks up with hour glass.

Do I need to be hooked up to both the car and the TIS app? I tried both ways, but they both didnt seem to help....seems like the app if just hanging.

I am enclosing a screen shot of where I get to...After several attempts, now I cant even get back into the security screen....I was going to wipe out everything and try one more time.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cant believe Im still messing with this...

Ok...So, I am about 98 percent done...I attempted to reprogram my old ECM first, and it took the new programming but it did not fix issue, so I thought, well at least now I can just reprogram the repl and im good...the new (used) ECM is the same part no, and it seemed to be taking the re program fine until it gave me an error after it downloaded the software (included pic).

So the only thing I can think of is that I got sold a crappy ECM???? Anyone seen this type of error before?

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
Not sure if this helps but did you try to marry the new used ECM to the car first? If not, I would try that and then try to update the software!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good idea.

Thanks for the tip....and, yes, as I fell asleep last night, I thought that error might be related to that. How do you marry the new ECU to the car? I was noticing that my Saab software doesnt seem to have all the options I heard were on the Tech 2.....the tech 2 even mentions that after I download the software, I may need to go in to the "ALL" option and add/remove and then add the new ECM...I went through all the options on the Tech 2(there are only 5) diagnostic, SPS, and a freeze/capture option.the other two are useless (info, etc). Is there a chance I dont have the correct/updated software?

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
It should say what version of software you have on bootup. Should be 148.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the help, everyone

I went home during lunch and I do have the 148 Saab version. So, about all that is left is to marry the new unit before I try to program it. I guess I probably should remove the old ECM off the car too first to start....I will update, but I think if it fails after this, it is probably a bad ECU that was sent to me...Ill have to look for another - this one was only 45.00.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you everyone!!!!!

Ok...so I finally was able to program a new ECM that only cost 99 dollars...I guess the first one i purchased was bad. I also was able to run Win XP on my Macbook Pro which is nice because it is super fast so it loads Win XP in a couple of seconds. I would much recommend running an emulator on a current PC or Mac versus finding an old laptop because of the speed issue.
I did get an error when trying to download the software onto the new ECM - it was an infotainment module error....I was able to by pass it by turning the radio on so the ECM would recognize it...simple fix. Tech II tends to be a little quirky like that.
Anyway, I am on my third day with no engine lights, and no rough running. Car is driving like brand new although I do think I have an oil leak somewhere that will require a little investigation work.
I would be happy to help anyone in my area that needs Tech II help...I have already gone in and turned the stupid daytime running lights off!!!!

Thanks again for everyone's help on this forum. I will try to help others to pay it forward.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Results for: --------- 1) Install Software. 2) Run \Drivers\DDINST32.EXE And Press "Express" To Install Activator Dongle Drivers. (IF Your PC DID NOT Has LPT Port You Will Took 1 "Error"! DO NOT Bother!) 3) Replace Original Id.dll And SCAControlUI.exe With Patched In ..\Program Files\cosids\bin 4) Copy Files From Folder Dongle To C:\Windows\System32 5) Enjoy! :) --------- i dont know how to install this anyone can tell me how on my windows xp pro

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well, Im about 90 percent there, i think.

I went in and used the software from the sticky you mentioned and after many headaches....the app seemed to be stable...I got as far as getting security access. But When i got to the determine software screen for reprogramming my ECU....the screen just locks up with hour glass.

Do I need to be hooked up to both the car and the TIS app? I tried both ways, but they both didnt seem to help....seems like the app if just hanging.

I am enclosing a screen shot of where I get to...After several attempts, now I cant even get back into the security screen....I was going to wipe out everything and try one more time.
Hi TXSabbie,
How did you Get past this bit?
I have the same issue, just hangs with an hourglass on this screen (after filling the "COUNTRY OF REGISTRATION" from a dropdown list). I've tried a few countries including mine, but it always just hangs on the hour glass after pressing next. tried it with different things on/off connected/disconnected reboot etc etc.
But no Joy.
EDIT = JOY, just keep trying, rebooted PC etc, didn't do anything different and this time (at least) it worked!!!
Cheers

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
A couple of ideas to try when a program won't install...not just TIS 2000.

- Right-click run as administrator.

- Right-click troubleshoot compatibility.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you install the TIS 2000 from the link below?

Tech2 Software

If not uninstall...reboot...install TIS 2000 from the link above.

This is the only serial to USB that I can recommend because it worked for me:

http://a.co/aB1IOwC
Dear friends, hello. I face some problems with the installation of Saab TIS2000 2.2008. I downloaded the files from this link above and I am trying to install the software to VirtualXP. I can't find the setup.exe and the autorun.exe doesn't seem to do anything.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts