SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
There are too many question marks and unknowns to contribute anything worthwhile...

Please check your avatar. :cheesy:

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
those wheels fit the NG900, 9-3, 9-5 models but won't fit any of the classic 900, 9000, 9-2 or the 9-7. You have to check the offset though but I'm sure they do if you have one of the mentioned cars that have the 5X110 pattern.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1999 9-3S.

Just wondering if it's a good deal for $280 with out tires, and what size tires to order for it.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
thecanyon2k4 said:
1999 9-3S.

Just wondering if it's a good deal for $280 with out tires, and what size tires to order for it.
What counts really is that you like them or not. I personally don't like them.

The other things you have to take into account are the weight of the wheels and their condition (bends, nicks, scratches and curb rash).

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a 98 NG900 conv. I think the stock wheels are on it.

http://www.wheelcollision.com/wccpix/68186.JPG

They shake. I had them all balanced by a local Saab indy. He said they are all bent. The balance helped but I want perfection on the freeway. My point is that those skimpy looking wheels get bent too easily. I ordered a set of steel wheels from The tire rack for the winter. Can't wait to try em and see if the shake is gone. I'll probably wind up selling the stock alloys with a warning that they are not perfect, then look for some nice looking aftermarket steel wheels that look like alloys. I'm convinced they'll hold up better.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
How bent are they. Those can be repaired at a wheel collision center. The one you linked to charges a LOT though!!! :eek:

I have one that charges $120 per wheel to refurbish to like new condition. I need to repair 2 Viggen wheels :cry:
How much are looking to get for those? If bent they won't fetch much sadly

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have all winter to decide what to do with these. New ones will probably cost more thar repairing the oem ones, but, they will bend easily...again. :( ?????

hkayssi said:
How bent are they. Those can be repaired at a wheel collision center. The one you linked to charges a LOT though!!! :eek:

I have one that charges $120 per wheel to refurbish to like new condition. I need to repair 2 Viggen wheels :cry:
How much are looking to get for those? If bent they won't fetch much sadly

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
abaton6 said:
I have all winter to decide what to do with these. New ones will probably cost more thar repairing the oem ones, but, they will bend easily...again. :( ?????
Actually they might cost less than the $120 per wheel if you have no curb rash. If they just straighten the wheel without paint it's $85-$90 IIRC

I get it you guys have bad roads roads like we have slightly up north? Difficult to believe there's any place with roads close to how bad ours are though!!!! :eek: Maybe Cabul Afghanistan, but I really doubt their roads are worse than ours :lol:

·
Registered
'02 9-5 Aero Wagon, '88 SPG, '02 Viggen Vert, '01 Viggen 4dr, +Triumphs & MGs
1,747 Posts
thecanyon2k4 said:
http://www.partsforsaabs.com/product_info.php?cPath=69_260_71&products_id=1973

I'm pretty sure they'll fit on my car, right?

Someone is selling me a set of 4 for $280 - good deal?

What is the width of the rim? 16 x 7?

What size tires fit on this rim?
I have those wheels myself on my 97 900 SE - for winter - I personally like the look. I do believe they are 16x6.5 stock tire size for that was 205/55/16 (or 215/55/16 not sure - would have to check the tires) I do believe - though for the 900NG the stock was 205/50/16....

I have the dunlop winter super sport 3's or whatever they are called on mine - they are great.

If you go for the larger tires (which you can do) you may have to do a little mod to the plasic nuts and studs in your wheelwell - I discovered one rubbed on each side. There is a saab tech bulletin on that....but basically it consists of grinding the stud and nut down to about 1/2 height.

As for price - it is whatever the market will bear...if they are straight and nice - then a good deal. Bent and scratched...not so good. Under $100 a wheel for great condition wheels is a pretty good deal. You are looking at $70 a wheel - which seems good - just check the condition carefully.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts