1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Pre-info:
The car in talk is a 9-5, 2004.
The aim is the safe limit of the aero clutch.
The car is my daily, and I'm a fairly reserved driver, I do drive hard sometimes, but mostly reserved.
I rarely ever do 0 to 100 runs...
I buy OEM or better.
Chinese turbo is not an option.

Now to what I have:
-B204 block with new bearings, honed cylinders and new piston rings, but stock components
-B204 had the balance chain deleted, and the tensioner oil line plugged, but the shafts aren't removed
-B205 head (stock, but good condition)
-do88 big pack (intercooler and 2.5 inch piping)
-do88 radiator (the entire cooling system is new actually)
-aero clutch (Sachs)
-3 inch downpipe and 2.5 cat back (cat is a 100 cell race cat from speedparts)
-maptune sport air filter

So to the questions:
-will the block safely take 300 +? And what preventative measures are recommended for the most realible build?
- do I need to do anyhing with the B205 head?
-what spark plugs? (my ignition coil is a brand new OEM unit from 2 years back) My knowledge is non existent in this field sadly...
-I'm Considering either the refurbished or brand new td04 19t from Abbott racing, leaning toward the refurbished unit. Thoughts?
-green giant injectors from bosh?
- the damn aero intake pipe, is it necessary??? I really have a trouble getting hold of it in Norway...
-am I forgetting something?

I do read replies, but can take some time to answear, so thank you in advance!

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
1: Yes.
2: No
3: NGK BCPR7ES-11, change interval 10 000 km
4 & 5: You need bigger injectors I personally use EV14 injectors, they are smoother and better to handle when you drive. Turbo is not priority one at this time.
6: Yes, you can forget "open air" intake, their only (and best) benefit is seller bank account. T7 stock intake will do up to 500hp.

I owned 9-5 Aero 2006 which have 315 WHP and 479Nm. Nowdays it is in my friend. She is extremely pleased.
I run it with stock turbo, DO88 IC, bigger injectors, stock intake (and filter), full 3" exhaust with race cat. No issues at all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1: Yes.
2: No
3: NGK BCPR7ES-11, change interval 10 000 km
4 & 5: You need bigger injectors I personally use EV14 injectors, they are smoother and better to handle when you drive. Turbo is not priority one at this time.
6: Yes, you can forget "open air" intake, their only (and best) benefit is seller bank account. T7 stock intake will do up to 500hp.

I owned 9-5 Aero 2006 which have 315 WHP and 479Nm. Nowdays it is in my friend. She is extremely pleased.
I run it with stock turbo, DO88 IC, bigger injectors, stock intake (and filter), full 3" exhaust with race cat. No issues at all.
Ill look into the EV14 injectors, but from the few searches so far, it seems hard to find where i live, where as Green Giants are readily available.
  • "they are smoother and better to handle when you drive" have you tried both? Have some examples?
  • "Turbo is not priority one at this time." i have a non Aero 2004 stock turbo... those wont do doe the job, not around 300...

"I owned 9-5 Aero 2006 which have 315 WHP and 479Nm. Nowdays it is in my friend. She is extremely pleased.
I run it with stock turbo, DO88 IC, bigger injectors, stock intake (and filter), full 3" exhaust with race cat. No issues at all. "
- Doesn't the 2006 aero come with a bigger intake? and 6 cm housing? the older 9-5s have a smaller intake and only 5 cm opening. We, with the older 9-5 usally get recommended to upgrade to the later 2006 aero intake system with bigger piping, map tune recommends this as well.

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
Yes. I swapped "green giants" to EV 14 and car feels better. Dyno says: +15hp and +35Nm.
Yes.
My brother had 2005 9-5 and when he swapped green giants to EV14 +28hp and +40Nm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts