SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a couple of trouble codes after the last scan which said that my H2O sensors 1 and 2, in bank 1, are not working correctly. After googling for some time I found out that you can check with multimeter if the electrical circuit and the sensor itself is ok or not. What I couldnt find is the values im supposed to get by reading ohms and voltage.
What I did:
1. Checked the 1st sensor ohms and got 5 ohms when the engine was warm, 4.3 ohms when it cooled down.
2. Checked the voltage on the connector between contacts 3 and 4 (see the picture) and got 0.39V with the ignition off.
Are these values ok and is there anything else I can check before buying a new sensor?

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
incorrect testing, start by posting the exact codes in the form of Pxxxx .. but its almost impossible for both sensors to fail at the same time, unless u had the light since long a time ago and u ignored it until the second sensor failed

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
What's the mileage on the current sensors? If it's 100k or more, you should probably replace them anyway. The O2 sensing cell gets disabled over time by soot buildup inside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts