SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for new 314mm front brake pads and can only get my hands on these (Centric Front Brake Pad Set - Posi Quiet - Metallic)
how do they stand up?

Does anyone know where i can get a set of 314mm that are ceramic pads>?

Or have any other suggestions would be a great help!

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
I believe the pads are all the same size for the different type rotors.

You've got plenty of choices. Look a the recent thread with $20 Autozone rotors...

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
WTF 28 people viewed this and nothing?
I've noticed the same...Either people are afraid to express themselves or they lack the time...I think its the time factor....I've heard that people can text-message when stuck in traffic...:cheesy:
On the brakes, most, if not all ,are a ceramic blend...
Maybe we need a brake pad forum, similar to BITOG......but I am not serious about this.
Do post on the other sections....pads are pads...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Brake pads do not depend on the size of your brake rotor. Pad size is purely a function of what type of caliper you have, and all 9-3's have the same calipers regardless of rotor size (front calipers are larger than rear though, thus front and rear pads are not interchangable). Any brake pads suited for a 9-3 should fit your vehicle. Check out tire rack, they generally have a good selection of pads and competitive prices-- I've heard a lot of good things about akebono ceramic pads.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Brake pads do not depend on the size of your brake rotor. Pad size is purely a function of what type of caliper you have, and all 9-3's have the same calipers regardless of rotor size (front calipers are larger than rear though, thus front and rear pads are not interchangable). Any brake pads suited for a 9-3 should fit your vehicle. Check out tire rack, they generally have a good selection of pads and competitive prices-- I've heard a lot of good things about akebono ceramic pads.
Sorry, but you are wrong.

There is allways a specific caliper and pad combination for every type of disc available for the 9-3.

On your VIN placard from 06 on is a row of letter combinations describing what brakes belong on the car.

The first couple describes the front brake disc.

AA: 15" 285mm
AB: 16" 302mm
AC: 16"+ 314mm (mounted on 2.8 V6)
AD: 17" 345mm (starting from 2008 only on Turbo X)

The second couple describes the rear discs

BA: 15" 278mm (from 2003 to 2007 on 1.8i, 2.0t, 1,9JTD. From 2008 on only mounted on 1.8i)
BB: 16" 292mm
BC: 16" 292mm only on XWD

The third couple describes front brake caliper

CA: 15"
CB: 16"
CC: 16"+
CD: 17"

The fourth couple describes rear brake caliper

DA: 15"
DB: 16"

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well after 6 hours of searching i was able to find what i was looking for
I found 2 sets of akebono ceramics for $300 CAN that's including shipping.

thanks for you help

·
Registered
885 Posts
I just did a quick search and found this: http://www.fcpgroton.com/category-e...ake-by_model-by_year/by_make/66/by_model/1398 .

I just don't know if the "Akebono's" they list are really them. But I'm sure a quick phone call could sort that out. Also, maybe people didn't give suggestions b/c you are in Canada and they live elsewhere. It really wouldn't make a difference for online shopping but you never know.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Well after 6 hours of searching i was able to find what i was looking for
I found 2 sets of akebono ceramics for $300 CAN that's including shipping.

thanks for you help
Using the TIRE RACK'S application guide it would have taken you five minutes to turn up the Akebono's.

I'm using the Euro's on my Vector and they are fine. But that's a lot of money. shop around a bit. Front and rear's are 163 at Tirerack....

Edit: your sig says 06.....aren't 314's from 07 on?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's the site i ended ordering from and i think i got the brands mixed up ( so they are genuine Saab pads)
Some sites need a U.S address to ship to, its still do able but its kinda a pain in the ***.

JonV, i did check tirerack.com and couldn't find pads to fit the 314mm

fcpgroton.com seems to be the best for my situation.

thanks!

IM not sure about the rotor size for 06's? i guess ill find out!

·
Registered
885 Posts
The North American 06 Aeros were supposed to have the 302mm fronts, but many came with the 314mm fronts, like mine. 03 Vectors were supposed to have them, some 06's and I think '07- are hit and miss. Kind of weird.

When I was looking for rotors the 2 dealerships around me had never heard of the 314mm fronts. They call them 16+ rotors and brakes and said they had never sold them before and didn't know they existed.

I don't know for sure what the 302 calipers look like, but I know for sure the 314mm calipers look like this:

·
Registered
1 Posts
The North American 06 Aeros were supposed to have the 302mm fronts, but many came with the 314mm fronts, like mine. 03 Vectors were supposed to have them, some 06's and I think '07- are hit and miss. Kind of weird.

When I was looking for rotors the 2 dealerships around me had never heard of the 314mm fronts. They call them 16+ rotors and brakes and said they had never sold them before and didn't know they existed.

I don't know for sure what the 302 calipers look like, but I know for sure the 314mm calipers look like this:

So do you know what size pads fit on the 314mm rotors? Im having the same issue and O’Reillys is asking me what size pads in Inches also saying 12” is the highest they have

·
Super Moderator
9,177 Posts
the 314mm pads are the only pads to have clips on ALL 4 pads..314mm 12.36

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
So do you know what size pads fit on the 314mm rotors? Im having the same issue and O’Reillys is asking me what size pads in Inches also saying 12” is the highest they have
Look them up by your VIN on one of the Saab parts sites. That may help you help O'Reilly to find them.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Didn't look at the list? ISTR EEuroparts is in there. I dropped them when they charged me $65 shipping for a wheel liner. 🤣

·
Registered
161 Posts
Usually you can look at the number on your current pads, then reference that against similar parts online. With all the variation in Saab brakes thats the way I would go about it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Didn't look at the list? ISTR EEuroparts is in there. I dropped them when they charged me $65 shipping for a wheel liner. 🤣
My fault, should've looked. Yes, the shipping charges sometimes kill the deal, good thing they often run that $99+ free shipping promo.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts