SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I just bought a 2004 9-3 linear. A previous owner apparently "hardwired" the headlights on. So the switch in the dash is obsolete except for high beams (as they wont engage unless lights are on position). Question I have is where would I likely start looking to undo what this person did?

Edit: dash lights and tail lights also remain on regardless of switch position. Not certain but I dont think this should be so with DRLs.

·
Super Moderator
20,205 Posts
Headlights always on is how it came from factory as they are your DRLs. If you want to have control via switch you need a tech2.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok. Thanks everyone. Upon further research I understand that US and Canada Saabs have the low beam DRL regardless of switch position, does this include the tail lights? Mine are on regardless of switch position. So again is this a hardwire situation? Or is it part of the programming from the factory?

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
I understand that US and Canada Saabs have the low beam DRL regardless of switch position, does this include the tail lights? Mine are on regardless of switch position.
Yes...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts