SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've replaced the CPS twice and I still get this issue where the car wont stop after a 20 minute drive or more

need to wait 5 - 25 minutes to start car again

what ELSE could this be? ive purchased two Crank sensors .. the current once is the appropriate bosch sensor

losing my mind!~

·
Registered
869 Posts
Posted the following in a different thread earlier today....

I read something VERY interesting in the WIS the other day. It said that on start-up the computer fires all of the injectors at the same time until the car starts running, then it pays attention to the CPS to fire only the correct injector to make the car run, normally. It also says that the amount of fuel that all of the injectors spit out during cranking depends on the coolant temperature. I would guess that would mean more fuel when cold and less fuel when warm. But, that also adds something into the mix of why a Saab may not start that well..... if the coolant temp sensor is hammered the computer will be injecting an incorrect amount of fuel to get the car running.

Not sure if this could be your problem or not, but it prolly wouldn't hurt to check your coolant temp sensor.....

·
Registered
869 Posts
I would also check another usual suspect in these cases, the fuel pump. Have you measured the PSI at the rail, lately?

·
Registered
197 Posts
when my fuel pimp went out, it wouldn't start at all. Just cranked and cranked. Just repaled the pump motor and lid gasket. Works fine now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check other posts regarding the neutral position switch. Your symptoms reminded me of the time mine failed. There is a post out there that shows how to bypass the switch in the engine wiring harness. No real dollrs to fix.

Good Luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts