SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first Saab, it's a 92 900 16v 3 door. I'm very excited about buying it. But I have found that the radio isn't working. It just says CoDE. I looked all over the car for something written down, but no luck. Someone told me that I have to contact the MFG to get it to work. Is this true? And if so does anyone have the #? Please HELP!!! I love my music. Thanks for any & all Replys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem with my radio. Try pulling it out and see if the code is written on a tag on the radio somewhere. The previous owner of my car wrote the code on a tag in case he had to reset it. It kind of defeats the purpose of the security code, but it makes it easier to reset. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Sometimes, the code will be written in the owner's handbook--see if this car still has it in the glovebox.

Another thought: Replace the factory stereo with a better one, with a built-in CD player and other goodies. You can get a decent aftermarket unit for under $150, installed, these days:lol:

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I've had a car where it was written on the head unit itself. Try pulling the unit out of the fascia ... you might be lucky. Aside from getting a newer/better head unit, if you're particularly keen on the head unit, I'm sure there'll be a place that will unlock it for you. Back street mobile phone outlets can often perform that kind of "service" ;) A small bank note or the presence of a police friend will usually get the job done :cheesy:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really didn't want to pull the stereo out, (I've heard that they're bolted to the firewall, YIEKS! !) But if that's what I have to do then so be it, sure beats going without tunes!

Thanks for the replies everyone!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
The stereo should be the slide-out-and-take-along anti-theft type. You just need the long u-shaped removal guides to get it out. Some bent coat hanger wire will do in a pinch.

Post again if you don't know what I'm talking about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts