SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here, not a car guy by any means, but I love my Saab I've had for just over a year.

Has been running extremely rough at idle (only in drive) and started overheating like crazy today.

I pop the hood after making it home to check fluid levels, etc. and notice some moisture on a hose near the top of the engine. Closer look, the hose is hanging out, so i push it back in, goes right back, but falls out. Looks like end could be rotted as there is virtually NO SEAL between engine and hose.

Can anyone help identify the hose and if this could have been causing the idle/overheat so I can make sure I don't get hosed at the service center? Also, is it safe to drive there, or should I get a tow?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
That's part of the PCV system (crankcase vent) so there is not a huge need to have a really tight seal since nothing is really under pressure.

Check to see if your car has PCV update #6 on it (look at the filler neck, if there is no hose connected to it or the hose is connected to a brass nipple, you have the old one. if the nipple is plastic, you have the new one.

If you need the PCV update, the part you seek will be part of the kit.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
There should be a rubber grommet that holds it in; if it's gone the grommet may have broke and gotten stuck in the breather chamber of the VC if you don't see pieces of it around they can get brittle and fall apart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts