SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Pop the old one out, pop the new one in. Can't really get any easier.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well, I beg to differ. Getting the old one out can be a bit fiddly, I just cut the plastic tab that holds it to the underside of the bonnet. As to getting the new one in the "trick" is to realise that you have to put the head through from the underside of the bonnet out to the outside, then pull it back to snap it into position. Its a bit of trial and error, but you'll get the orientation to allow this quick enough.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I didn't do any of that. I just popped them out then popped the new ones in. Nice and simple

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Well, I beg to differ. Getting the old one out can be a bit fiddly, I just cut the plastic tab that holds it to the underside of the bonnet. As to getting the new one in the "trick" is to realise that you have to put the head through from the underside of the bonnet out to the outside, then pull it back to snap it into position. Its a bit of trial and error, but you'll get the orientation to allow this quick enough.
That's weird I replaced all three of mine and just popped them out and in with no problems

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
actually i need tips on taking off hood insulation without breaking plastic snap in pieces that hold it in. ty
I took my hood insulation off. If anything it helps the washer fluid from freezing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Help- Does spray nozzle separate from hose nipple?

I agree with the poster that states it does not just "pop out, pop in". I have a 2008 9-3 2.0T and there is not enough clearance. The Haynes manual shows the nozzle (part above bonnet) separating from hose nipple (part below bonnet), but when I tried to separate them, the unit would not separate but rather cracked apart. I have the replacements from SAAB, and they do no appear to want to separate, either, and I don't want to break the new parts. Can anyone confirm- does the spray nozzle separate from the hose nipple, *or* is it meant to be installed in one piece? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
They are one piece and installed from underneath the hood/bonnet.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I put way too much time into trying to figure out how to get my old ones out as it just didn't seem possible.....its almost like a brain teaser. I was also thinking they were supposed to come apart but they are not supposed to. Once I figured it out and saw how easy it was I felt rather foolish.

They go in from under the hood. You tilt the sprayer (so the sprayer end of the top goes in first) and feed it through (in a fish look fashion) the hole (as if you were going to install the sprayer to shoot at the fender). You will be able to get it through will little to no force. Then you have to just twist so the sprayers shoot towards the windshield and pull it down till it clicks into place.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Anyone know the size tube used for these? A tip broke off inside when trying to remove the nozzle. Tried fishing it out with an eyeglass screwdriver and ended up ripping the hose. I wrapped it with electrical tape, but it still leaks a tad.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Went to autozone and they pulled some tube from the back. Here's what they gave me. It's a little less flexible than stock, but it works well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been beating my head trying to figure this out...I ended up breaking two of the three nozzles. I have ordered replacements and pick them up tomorrow. I will try your method and I hope to god it works. I broke the left and centre ones so I was able to remove the right side one kind of forcing it up through the hole to remove it and then forcing it down into the hole so I could connect it to the hose so I had at least the driver side working. Looking forward to trying your method...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Once you open the hood, you will see the hood liner on the other side of the hood. at the very bottom, you'll need to pop out a couple of black tabs, then pull back the liner and you'll see the nozzles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks to all

Thanks to those that explained this process. Knowing the new one does indeed go in from the underside will save you frustration.

I cheated; I had my wife help me. (Shes very good as this stuff).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts