SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 93 with the exact problem described in this bulletin I found. I do not use the Onstar so I want to disconnect the two wires described but have no idea which ones they are. Any help would be appreciated.

Bulletin: "We have seen some issues with the Central Processing Unit for the Onstar causing the hazard lights to come on and stay on. When this happens you cannot shut them off without disconnecting the battery. The problem is that water gets into the Central Processing Unit which causes this issue. There are two possible fixes. If you do NOT use Onstar then you can disconnect the two wires to the unit and the problem will go away. If you DO use onstar you will need to replace the CPU."

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Isn't it just the whole pink assembly plug that plugs in the back of the stereo? When I put my aftermarket stereo I just did not connect those wires and gave up on Onstar. Plus, I believe in 4 days our Onstar systems won't work anyways because they are switching to the digital processing system and ours is analog.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts