SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need help finding brake cap gasket AND coil pack connector

Not too long ago, my brake cap split along with my coolant reservoir. I replace the reservoir(came with a new cap), and bought a genuinesaab brake reservoir cap, but my gasket was ripped and junk.

Can anyone with a WIS look up the part number so I can pick one up from saab or anywhere else?

Even better, does anyone know where I can get one cheap? Autozone sells them cheap(5 bucks), but not for the 9-3 2.8t.

ALSO: I just remembered, I need a connector or harness for the coil pack wires or the clip itself. The little clip that attaches to the coil pack on cylinder number 6 is burnt on the inside, so I get intermittent misfires. I either need the clip, or the harness it's attached to. Any help would be HUGELY appreciated.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
the stock gasket does not even fit in the GS brake cap... i just put my cap on without a gasket it created a sufficient seal. My suggestion if you want to put in a rubber seal is to go get a sheet of the proper rubber you can find rubber at hard ware stores, and then just cut it to size and stick it in the brake cap.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya that's how I have it set up now. I didn't even try to fit the ripped gasket in my new cap, so it's good to know at least I wasn't wasting my time.

I may try and find something to put in there, but I'm not sure. I don't want it falling in.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Ya that's how I have it set up now. I didn't even try to fit the ripped gasket in my new cap, so it's good to know at least I wasn't wasting my time.

I may try and find something to put in there, but I'm not sure. I don't want it falling in.

yeah i stared at it for a bit and i realized it was not worth my time, a suggestion i could make is just picking up a simple rubber oring that can sit inside the top of the cap.
Of course one thing you do want to make sure is that anything you stick in there will not degrade because of the brake fluid as it is very corrosive.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
I emailed GS about it, they said I have to re-use the gasket, so now I'm conflicted.
i cant see any way of making that work without trimming it down, guess it wouldn't hurt to try for me since i still have mine.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i cant see any way of making that work without trimming it down, guess it wouldn't hurt to try for me since i still have mine.
If you can, take a look. Maybe it can shimmy down in there. I'm not sure, I don't remember what the original gasket looks like, mine was pretty rough.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
so i went out, and it fits better than i remember... i shimmed it down in there it sat flat enough that i said alright ill give it a try. so i screwed it on and it worked out. now if you want a part number this is what i got off the top

32662345 ab17 and its a trw part

under further inspection there is no way you are going to find this separate from the cap it self. My suggestion, contact a junk yard with a saab in the lot ask them to take out the rubber seal and send it to you.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I edited the thread title, but I'll add it to the end as well. I ALSO need the connector for the coil pack. The little piece that actually clips onto the end of the coil pack for a 2.8t 9-3. Even if I have to buy a huge harness, I need it...my cylinder 6 clip is burnt on the inside and needs to go. It causes intermittent cylinder 6 misfires.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
I edited the thread title, but I'll add it to the end as well. I ALSO need the connector for the coil pack. The little piece that actually clips onto the end of the coil pack for a 2.8t 9-3. Even if I have to buy a huge harness, I need it...my cylinder 6 clip is burnt on the inside and needs to go. It causes intermittent cylinder 6 misfires.
# PT2040 thats your part number search it on ebay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts