SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so... I bought my aero used and as such it isn't in perfect condition but its pretty good. Anyway i was looking at some other '01 aeros and noticed they all had a front "spoiler" of sorts which i hadn't seen on mine... so i go look and it's missing!... well i bought it with out one not knowing there was one. anyway my car has what appears to be hookups for a front spoiler... even the wheelbase is extended to work with a spoiler..

now i know it's a cosmetic issue but does anyone know what the exact name of this part is and where i can find one or what they cost? btw my car is black...

for clarification its like the side skirts but on the front... fixed on below where the foglight level is... idk how else to describe it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's called the front lip spoiler.
It can get scratched or damaged quite easily and the cheapest way to tidy the appearance is to remove it, which could be what has happened with yours.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dan_aero said:
It's called the front lip spoiler.
It can get scratched or damaged quite easily and the cheapest way to tidy the appearance is to remove it, which could be what has happened with yours.
yea thats what i assumed... but it just bothers me that it's missing... idk why the car runs fine but i guess i just like the look...

do you think it's worth it to get new one? and would a saab mechanic have one/ be able to install one?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
jaminnbenji said:
yea thats what i assumed... but it just bothers me that it's missing... idk why the car runs fine but i guess i just like the look...

do you think it's worth it to get new one? and would a saab mechanic have one/ be able to install one?
It's certainly orderable on it's own. Saab p/n 400132643. I've seen it for £135 / $244 new over here in the UK. It would need painting and fitting so I guess you'd be looking at the best part of 400 bucks.

I'd try some breakers yards first and it might even be worth asking the seller if they still have the original one.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
jaminnbenji said:

It supposedly reduces lift at high speeds, how much I'm not sure. :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts