SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys so ive decided too see if possibly one of you guys have gone through this. Recently i went stage 2 from brian from vtuner. I installed the turbo and injectors myself, the car mods on top of this are catless downpipe, catless midpipe, do88 inlet pipe and intake as-well *** charge pipes. Also has a mishimoto intercooler mounted in the front. Brian said he updated the tune for everything i have so thats not an issue, anyway first drive an car missfires and doesn't full boost and boost dies and wont rebuild after a shift. He said my fuel pump was weak so i went ahead and installed a new assembly with an aeromotive 340 pump . Car still builds boost then falls on its face past 4k and makes only like 8psi. I changed the wastegate actuator on the turbo to the mambatek one thinking maybe that failed as well. Nope same issue, i datalogged and sent it to brian snd he said my fuel pressure is extremely low causing this. What can this be if i have a new assembly and injectors?? Im completely lost ive had this new kit installed since February and haven't been able to enjoy it at all. Its getting real frustrating at this point so any help is appreciated. Now the car currently has 99k on it and when i did the injectors i didnt realize something was innthe way of the rail when installing an it did bend the rail as once it was all down and i tested it it shot fuel out the rail, i pulled it off straightened it and checked for leaks once re-installed. It does not leaks so i figure that shouldn't be an issue just wanted to give that advice. Has anybody been through this that could chime in and help please all help appreciated, i want my car running full power haha !!! For a bit better explanation this is the email he sent me

——>(You have almost no fuel pressure - it is running something like 30 psi (the pressure sensor voltage is only showing 1.5V which is off my chart for calculating the fuel pressure). The boost is actually much higher than your boost gauge is showing - it was holding 14 psi to redline with the 8 psi spring (even though it was in limp mode and commanding 0% wastegate duty cycle which indicates a problem in itself). The 18 psi spring log was holding 16 psi to redline -but your fuel was in a very bad state. It would be making tons of power if your fuel pressure was correct - which should be ~ 70 psi at wide open throttle, not 30 psi. As it is the car does not have the fuel to make any power. )

·
Registered
514 Posts
Sounds like something’s wrong with the fuel pump or at least how it is installed. Did you turn the locking ring enough to create a seal, and did you remember to include the gasket under the fuel pump retaining ring? You’re sure the injector seals are all in damaged and properly seated? Your description about bending the fuel rail is concerning. I’d be looking at that, and the other stuff I mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts