SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 9-3 Aero
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I created an account for specifically the purpose of figuring out what exactly could be wrong with this car.

I've been trying to get into a 2.8t 9-3 for over a year now, and this SportCombi is looking like my shot. (I tried to add a link here, but I cant post with it. Look on LA Craigslist, its at Anytime Auto).

However, you will notice the check engine light. When I called the dealer they told me two things: There's and issue with the key immobilizer (pretty common from what I hear), and that the ABS light comes on when it is hot outside. Anyone know anything about either of these issues?

They're trying to sell it for 4500, but they also told me they're going to sell it at auction really soon, so I'm trying to scrape together the money, but that's a whole other headache :confused:.

Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
20,205 Posts
Probably needs an ABS module. Not cheap on a V6.

Edit: Easy fix, just the part is not cheap.

Also, might need a new CIM. Another not cheap part and need a tech2 to marry.

·
Super Moderator
20,205 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
I've seen that combi up on CL for at least 6 months. I think the price is too high.

Since the CEL is on I'd ask to see a recent smog cert before making an offer. It won't pass now with the CEL on and you won't be able to register it without a recent smog cert. If they don't have the car ready to register then that's a red flag. You could lowball them if that's the case but you're taking a gamble that you don't have to replace something expensive.

I don't think they're going to get much at auction so they may entertain bottom dollar.

·
Registered
2006 9-3 Aero
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen that combi up on CL for at least 6 months. I think the price is too high.

Since the CEL is on I'd ask to see a recent smog cert before making an offer. It won't pass now with the CEL on and you won't be able to register it without a recent smog cert. If they don't have the car ready to register then that's a red flag. You could lowball them if that's the case but you're taking a gamble that you don't have to replace something expensive.

I don't think they're going to get much at auction so they may entertain bottom dollar.
I tried lowballing them, but they claimed that they're 4500 into it and thats what they want out of it. The state I live in has NO smog requirement, so I'm ok there. But to quote Diggs,
Can I make a suggestion? Don't.
I think I'm just going to hold out for a sedan like I really want. But if I can get them to crack and give me a really good price, I might still go for it.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Check engine light with u knowing the codes on the 2.8 could mean ton of money to fix, specially if it is the timing chain issue or the impossible to get fuel pump ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts