SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With MAF connnected it starts, does its initial rev to about 1100 RPM and runs great for about 5 seconds, then it starts to sputter, surge, the boost gauge swings from max to min and it usually stalls pretty quick.wideband shows drops to 8-9 (reason for the stall)

If I disconnect the MAF it starts and runs smoothly,no CEL light but feels like it is in limp mode as you can tell its really keeping the boost from building (only gets to the first quarter) and runs pretty slow.

Have a boost gauge, EGT, and wideband innovate

Everything happened after the violent detonation.

·
Registered
867 Posts
With MAF connnected it starts, does its initial rev to about 1100 RPM and runs great for about 5 seconds, then it starts to sputter, surge, the boost gauge swings from max to min and it usually stalls pretty quick.wideband shows drops to 8-9 (reason for the stall)

If I disconnect the MAF it starts and runs smoothly,no CEL light but feels like it is in limp mode as you can tell its really keeping the boost from building (only gets to the first quarter) and runs pretty slow.

Have a boost gauge, EGT, and wideband innovate

Everything happened after the violent detonation.
Well it sounds like your MAF went bad or its not getting air?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today I found out that the engine works well connected MAF but disconnected bypass control valve. I was changing evap purge valve, Charge Air Control Valve. no change. what I would do is no Boost.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Check all turbo hose clamps for tightness. Had this happen before where engine would run when only tbcv or maf were indepentendly disconnected. Turned out to be a a loose clamp under the bumper.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This has never happened.after the detonation has stopped working. and tried everything to recover boost. found that the engine works disconnected the hose from evap purge valve to evap canistra.sounds like a vacuum problem:(
I got in the spray in can go check the hose leak.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Check the entire intake system as well, MAF, Intercooler Turbo, intake tube to TB, etc, make sure ALL have hose clamps and are tight.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
you have a BIG air leak. Blown I/C or hoses, possibly blew the pipe off the throttle body. Stock tune?
For sure check the pipe to the TB. Happened to me once, and to my friend. Both times it was after some hard driving and recent work on both cars (both of us forgot to tighten it back up)

·
Registered
867 Posts
sorted out. problem - blown intercooler.:eek:
Makes sense, it really did sound like a major air leak.
Are you going to do it yourself?
And just curious, what part broke on I/C? plastic sides>???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I make all things himself. pulled away plastic from the aluminum.intake side of the I/C.came time for performance intercooler:lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts