SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm a new member here and I need some expert advice. I own what I believe to be a legitimate, very rare, 1988 900 SiS. I believe it is one of 4 ever made as it is an automatic transmission and I believe Saab only made four with that transmission. It is a turbo (no turbo badge in back) and has all the markings, SPG sides and wheels, colors and the SiS glovebox badge. I rescued the car from the sweltering KS heat. I've spent more money than I care to mention getting it to run/drive properly (it does now), putting on a new canvas top, and having the leather seats re-upholstered (they match the original buffalo gray nearly perfectly -- the original seats were terribly cracked and hardened by the sun/heat). All else is original and in good shape. The paint needs re-done, I think. The sun baked it hard and it does have a small scratch on the rear drivers panel. No significant rust due to Kansas living although it is now in Ohio with me.

My intent was to keep the car forever and drive it on the occasional Sunday. But, due to my garage situation I find that hard to do (it is tucked away in the back of an elongated 2 car so it's a pain to get out). So, I'm considering selling it to someone who can appreciate it more than I can. I've seen pristine ones go for a lot of money. Mine is not perfect though as I mentioned. I have no idea what to list this car at or whether to sell it via a broker or ??. Looking for advice. Please respond or private message me with any suggestions.
Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts