SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here I own a 1999 Saab 9-3 . I need to replace my (Trip Computer Sid, and DIC (Direct ignition Cassette) will a Saab 01 9-3 parts be ok to used on my Car

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I believe the sid should be interchangeable but theres 2 diff kinds so make sure its the same type... And dics are interchangeable but some people say to not use black casettes on t5 cars and some say its fine so its up to you
Here I own a 1999 Saab 9-3 . I need to replace my (Trip Computer Sid, and DIC (Direct ignition Cassette) will a Saab 01 9-3 parts be ok to used on my Car

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe the sid should be interchangeable but theres 2 diff kinds so make sure its the same type... And dics are interchangeable but some people say to not use black casettes on t5 cars and some say its fine so its up to you
ok thanks this is used DIC am intrested in buying total for both SID,DIC are $200.My concern are DIC ,what question shoulds i ask the seller

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
What color is it, the date on the back to see how recently it has been made... Was the car running good with it installed?
ok thanks this is used DIC am intrested in buying total for both SID,DIC are $200.My concern are DIC ,what question shoulds i ask the seller

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Make sure that it has a Saab data plate on it. On the data plate is the version and date code. Assuming a red DIC (which a '99 model should have unless its a Viggen) version TK3.2C is the latest. Version TK3.2 without the C is earlier and not as good. The date code has a two digit year and a two digit week number. Try to get one that was built in '00 or later. If there's no Saab sticker on it, it's a Chinese knock-off. Stay away, stay far away!

John

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Much more thorough explanation than mine lol
Make sure that it has a Saab data plate on it. On the data plate is the version and date code. Assuming a red DIC (which a '99 model should have unless its a Viggen) version TK3.2C is the latest. Version TK3.2 without the C is earlier and not as good. The date code has a two digit year and a two digit week number. Try to get one that was built in '00 or later. If there's no Saab sticker on it, it's a Chinese knock-off. Stay away, stay far away!

John

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
version TK3.2C is the latest. Version TK3.2 without the C is earlier and not as good. The date code has a two digit year and a two digit week number. Try to get one that was built in '00 or later.

John

John thanks you .here is what i come across today A USED (DIC TK3.2C ,guess that the earlier version right also date 0433-A700826
but till am get misfire on cylinder #3

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
John thanks you .here is what i come across today A USED (DIC TK3.2C ,guess that the earlier version right also date 0433-A700826
but till am get misfire on cylinder #3
The version and date code are both fairly recent and this DIC should be a reasonable risk.

Were you getting a misfire #3 code before you changed it? Did you clear the code afterwards? I believe that Saab recommends removing the battery cable for 30 minutes when changing the DIC to reset the computer's adaptation tables. Then it will re-learn the adaptations for the new DIC. Also, I highly recommend putting a dab of dielectric grease on the towers before putting the DIC in to reduce arcing at full boost.

John

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
$200 isn't a deal. You can have your sid remaned by BBA or Kramer for around $100 or so, and DI's can be found at junkyards for around $30.
Thank you Tweeks for clearing this post up for everyone, I have purchased about 6 DIC's for about $200 total!

Keep looking around, call junkyards...there out there

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
first I like to say thanks to John ,with out your advice i'll wouldn't get those code off no more misfire on cylinder #3 thanks to all the guys for there input

snake

1 - 13 of 13 Posts