SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
soo i just got new 18" borbet rims and yokohama avid w4 tires

and i have money left over to modify my svetlana a bit. i have appts for window tinting, but my question was....

i have been hearing a lot about ECU upgrades and/or racing chips? would that fit in my car and if so would it be worthwhile, like would i have a noticeable differnce?

i drive a 95 V6 saab. its been thru a lot and now im ready to sink more money into it, this time not by necessity lol

i also looked at exhaust tips and e-codes. hmm will post pics soon hopefully once all my **** arrives.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
You can swap in a 3.0 v6 from caddy catera or a saturn Vue I think. The easier and more popular are the turbo 4cyl cars when it comes to power mods.

If you want to go for style, nothing beats the look of a viggen body kit. Keep your eyes pealed, too many have been turning up wrecked lately.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
svetlana900 said:
soo i just got new 18" borbet rims and yokohama avid w4 tires

and i have money left over to modify my svetlana a bit. i have appts for window tinting, but my question was....

i have been hearing a lot about ECU upgrades and/or racing chips? would that fit in my car and if so would it be worthwhile, like would i have a noticeable differnce?

i drive a 95 V6 saab. its been thru a lot and now im ready to sink more money into it, this time not by necessity lol

i also looked at exhaust tips and e-codes. hmm will post pics soon hopefully once all my **** arrives.
Your car already has a computer chip, what you hear people talking about is putting new software on your chip so that the engine runs more efficiently, and therefore creates more power.

The thing is that the software itself is expensive and any sort of real power upgrades are going to need new hardware ( new exhaust, intake, ect.)

This kind of thing will run you about $1000 for the software alone, but the hardware costs will depend on what you get.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
9-3sleeper said:
Your car already has a computer chip, what you hear people talking about is putting new software on your chip so that the engine runs more efficiently, and therefore creates more power.

The thing is that the software itself is expensive and any sort of real power upgrades are going to need new hardware ( new exhaust, intake, ect.)

This kind of thing will run you about $1000 for the software alone, but the hardware costs will depend on what you get.
He has a V6... I doubt you can find software readily available in the US for that! Even for a $1000

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Ahhh, I need to read more carefully.

I dont know, try calling Nick at genuine saab, he would know where to get the software, he may even have it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts