SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody

I did a search for my problem but I cant find anybody who is experiencing this. The problem I am having is that everytime I let go of the throttle at highways speeds, I get a kind of "kick" from the car. The same goes when I put my foot on the pedal and press the gas again. Its like there is a delay from the time I press the gas and then the transmission "kicks" and then I start accelerating. I have an automatic transmission and the car is a 97 SE Turbo. I can feel the same thing at lower speeds, but it is intermittent and less intense. I am not sure if this problem is transmission related or possibly motor mount related. Things I have done: full transmission flush with BG transmission additives and conditioners. Does anyone have any advice for this problem? It is really bothering me when I am on the highway. Thank you in advanced for the advice!

Lawrence

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
You have made sure that the fluid level is within the appropriate range after the flushing and conditioning per Haynes manual (pg 1-11)?

1. Take car on short journey to warm up trans to operating temp.
2. With engine idling, select 'D' for approximately 15 seconds.
3. Then engage 'R' and wait a further 15 seconds.
4. Then select 'P' and wait 15 seconds.
5. Now check the fluid on the dipstick.
6. Use the 80 deg C lines if the trans has been warmed up.

Due to the 'complexity' of the auto trans, Haynes is very vague on any diagnosis methods, basically they say to take it to a shop if its anything other than topping up the fluid. :roll:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the fluid level and everything is within spec. Does it make sense that the kick is more pronounced with the air coniditioning on? Thanks for the reply though! Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
When you say 'kick' do you mean a surge of speed?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No the kick is like a jolt through the car. You can say it feels a little like popping your clutch. I'm not sure if thats a good description or not but I dont know how else to put it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts