SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am trying to find a replacement transmission for my father's 1991 saab c900 turbo convertible. Its a 5spd and reverse and 2nd are completely toasted. I have done alot of work getting the engine back to 100 among other mechanical sub systems. The trans has over 250k and is just checked out. He wants me to locate a good used one and swap it in. Im going to throw a new clutch assembly in as well. I have done this job before. The biggest issue is that nowadays finding these parts just seems near impossible.

If anyone has or knows where I can source a good USED or even a new or REMAN tranny for his 2.0 turbo please let me know. Our budget for the trans is pretty beefy. I want him to enjoy it again. I dont need a piece of junk 200 trans. I will pay for quality. Please help me find the correct piece to this puzzle. Thank you and god bless.

Text my personal cell anytime with leads or info at 44three2nine9seven1zero5

·
Registered
7,132 Posts
Have you talked to Ericksson? Given the scenario, I would strongly consider giving them cash to rebuild what you've got rather than take a gamble on a used box with no history.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who is ericksson and what are the.proper channels to.get in touch with him? I can pull the tranny, etc but would like to setup all the logistics asap and get a price for the rebuild. Im going to re install the unit myself once its returned to me along with a new clutch, etc etc. Thankyou for the response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts