SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a brief lapse in concentration yesterday and dented my trunk lid. :( Anyone in the Toronto area know a good body shop that won't try to fleece me? I've taken it to a few places for estimates and they range quite a bit and most of them want to replace the trunk lid. The damage doesn't seem that extensive to me, but what do I know.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Not in Toronto so can't help with bodyshop i'm afraid. The trunk lid however is double skinned which makes knocking out dings very difficult, most bodyshops will take the new trunk option i'm afraid. :(

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kermit said:
Not in Toronto so can't help with bodyshop i'm afraid. The trunk lid however is double skinned which makes knocking out dings very difficult, most bodyshops will take the new trunk option i'm afraid. :(
Yeah. That seems to be the consensus. Everybody I went to said that replacing would be the best option. Some said couldn't repair at all, others said they could repair it but cost wouldn't be dramatically lower than getting a used lid.

I have it in to Midtown Saab (a dealer) to finish up some warranty repair and I've asked them for a quote as well. We'll see what they say. The service intake person didn't seem to think it was that difficult to repair but he's not a body guy. Truthfully, looking at it myself it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult either.

Only had it for a week before I put the dent in. :x That's a new record for me and the only time I've ever damaged a car through my own actions in 16 years of driving. I might live it with it for a while until an economical alternative presents itself.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
serencavalier said:
hey,
trying to pm jedi_master58 or dip on this forum...they are both in the toronto area if i am not mistaken and might be able to help

good luck
I think dip, if he is the same person as the dip in another forum has the same problem as me and I think he's been told the same by whoever he's gone to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts