SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont mind reading all the posts by every 9000 owner but it would be nice to just have a section where i know im reading about my MY.

thanks

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Yes could be good, but it would probably mean not many post in an individual MY thread. That is if I understand the suggestion. There is not much on the T5.2 on this forum or others. You really have to dig to find stuff, but how did we ever manage without the internet and forums like this.

This forum is great, but not many know about the CPS question I asked. But eventually someone who maybe knows read it and gave me few clues.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Great! We could have:

--early 2.0 liter with dizzy and 900-style APC
--2.0 liter with DI+APC
--2.0 liter with DI/APC
--2.3 liter with DI/APC
--2.3 liter with Trionic T5.2 ('93 only!)
--2.3 liter with Trionic T5.5 OBD I
--2.3 liter with Trionic T5.5 OBD II

!!

Fantastic! Well we're at it, split the C900 forums up into:

--8-valve B motor
--8-valve H motor
--16-valve LH2.2 with old-style hubs
--16-valve LH2.2 with 9000-style hubs
--16-valve LH2.4 without ABS ('89 only)
--16-valve LH2.4 with ABS

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would just like a third section.

-Workshop
-Performance, mods, tuning
-Classic

A section for cars without CPS, TRIONIC, etc.

Probably 2/3 of all the posts are talking about things my car was never equipped with.

Not too long ago i posted something asking for any help tuning JETRONIC.

I got several responses all talking about things attached with TRIONIC and i had to explain to them that my car is pre-TRIONIC, and they all said "Ooh sorry can't help you."

I know some out there know everything there is to know about the classic 9000 and i just wanted to know if it was possible to make that section.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
I understand what you say, and agree in some ways. But 2 issues:
1. Where do we draw the line, maybe back at the liftback version of the 9000 before the CS came out. But:
2. What about my 93 9000griffin, it is T5.2 and there are very few of them around.
3. If it is too narrow an interest group less people will visit that part of the forum.

In a way I think the issues you have in a "classic 9000" are also covered a bit in the C900 forum.

Having said that, a "Classic 9000" thread might be a thought. The cut off point being the change to the T5.5 ECU.

/Rbn

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe but still your introducing TRIONIC.

I do read up on the C900 thread sometimes and i love the idea but very little is placed the same. lots of same equipment but different wiring diagrams, where the boost lines run etc.

Your probably right about the narrow group interest, but then only people with C9000 will be posting. I think some may still look at the posts when the little icon shows a new posts has been submitted, simply out of curiosity, and then we will receive there input. Im not saying the guys with GM 9000's dont know anything about the C9000's because alot of them do. I would just like a thread thats a little more refined.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
My mistake, I meant to say cut off when they went to T5.2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
rawill
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing