SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the rear muffler on my 2006 9-5 Aero replaced by the local repair shop in town that I have done business with before. The problem I just noticed is that the tail pipe is very short and bends down and is cut at an angle and ends about 10" short of the back of the bumper where it is supposed to exit from. Aesthetics aside it is a bit of a hazard with exhaust fumes exiting under the car. I went online, first to Eeuroparts where I have bought many items on the past years and they no longer carry mufflers. Did a Google search and found very confusing listing for mufflers that said they were for my car but obviously aren't.
Can anyone recommend a good Saab parts dealer?
Thanks,
Tom
Cape Cod
Plant Wheel Land vehicle Tire Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
That looks like a muffler for cars with a "hidden" exhaust, which included Linear and (some?) Arc models. Those did not have a cutout in the bumper for an exhaust pipe.

I suspect that what you have is not actually dangerous, because it does look like what would be stock on non-Aero cars.

eSaabparts sells a Walker muffler that might fit, and you may be able to source it elsewhere:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts