SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying. I love my car.

I got it in December and it kept a smile on my face constantly. Everyone who saw it loved it.. and it more or less has converted a couple of friends from BMW's.

BUT

In the last month it has been in and out of the garage several times now.

First...

CD Player and windscreen washer jets and a knocking from the back.

They cd done no problem. Washer no problem... couldn't find the knocking.

Picked the car up... engine management light on.. had to leave it for a couple more days.

Picked it up driving home.. back end knocked twice... sod it i thought..

Then in the last couple of days the car now make an awful noise when on full steering lock.... like the wheel is fouling something... and as i'm driving i get a horrible drumming noise coming from the front end. Now i have to limp around for a week cause i can't get it into my dealers for a week! together with more and more rattles.. its begining to make like a misery :(

I'm sorry, I'm just venting. But such a lovely well designed car deserves better. Designed by engineering gods.. put together by one armed blind chimps.... I feel a bmw coming on... oh no :(

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and forgot to mention that the seats are making horrible creaking noises now.. and even the leather on the seats cant help but rub against the plastic on the side making horrible noises if i move my leg :( wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (cries out of control!)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Squeaking seats

I get the squeaking between the vinyl seat sides and the plastic trim - I don't believe the seat portion where the contact is made is actually leather. I'm guessing that there's probably something that could be used to alleviate that but I'm not sure what. Perhaps cover the plastic with some teflon tape or something of the sort? Maybe even clear plastic tape?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Annnnnd!

Does anyone elses car have door handles that are almost gray now and not black?!?!

Good idea about the tape.. but surely we shouldnt' have to do that! I can see i will though :(

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I didn't get the squeaking until *AFTER* I treated the leather for the first time so I suspect that I got some of the conditioner on the vinyl on the seat sides. I may try just cleaning (and hopefully stripping off conditioner) the seat sides thoroughly to see if that alleviates the problem before putting tape everywhere.

I wonder if a bit of some sort of dry lubricant might fix the noise?

AFAIK there's a recall on the door handles so you should be able to get those replaced.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.. my seats were treated a few months ago.. but its only started a couple of weeks ago ??

As for the door handles.. i'll ring the dealer and ask whats what... I want them BACK TO BLACK! :p

Don't make me buy a BM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Bladey said:
Does anyone elses car have door handles that are almost gray now and not black?!?!

Good idea about the tape.. but surely we shouldnt' have to do that! I can see i will though :(
Bladey.. only one of my door handles is fading :evil: ... i brought it to the dealer and they said that the door handles are on back order... once they come in they will replace all four

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
johnc_22 said:
I get the squeaking between the vinyl seat sides and the plastic trim - I don't believe the seat portion where the contact is made is actually leather. I'm guessing that there's probably something that could be used to alleviate that but I'm not sure what. Perhaps cover the plastic with some teflon tape or something of the sort? Maybe even clear plastic tape?
I have the same problem. Maybe if we put some felt inbetween the seat and the plastic, that will help.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Felt is the best solution since it can likely be found in just about any color under the sun, including charcoal and parchment.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
One of the car seats I work on had an issue like that. The surface that rubbed against the center console was changed from vinyl to a felt-type fabric at GM's request.

Interesting though. I don't have that squeak.

·
Registered
213 Posts
saabasaaba said:
Bladey.. only one of my door handles is fading :evil: ... i brought it to the dealer and they said that the door handles are on back order... once they come in they will replace all four
I've only had my car a month and the trim/handles are already big time fading... I know I got a small amount of wax around the edges of the handles/trim but not the whole thing! I'll have to take some pictures of it since its such a nice day out here....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts