SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,

I used the Cadillac SRX unit. The AUX connection was plug and play. I didn't need to wire a cable from the navtool unit to the AUX port, it already made the connection at the back of the radio via the plug and play harness. With that said, you have to have the car in AUX mode to hear sound.

Here's the video showing the NavTool in action!
https://youtu.be/uHKaFIQT2vg

Feel free to ask any more questions! Thanks

Here's a video I made showing the navtool unit in action

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I used the Cadillac SRX unit. The AUX connection was plug and play. I didn't need to wire a cable from the navtool unit to the AUX port, it already made the connection at the back of the radio via the plug and play harness. With that said, you have to have the car in AUX mode to hear sound.

How do you remove the cover to access the car's nav unit, are there any screws? How do you like it after having it installed for a while? Also, does it affect the performance of the HUD at all?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi,

I wonder why you chose the Cadillac SRX unit instead of the option for Saab 95NG?

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's something I've heard in the past as well, but it seems that generally over the last couple years the reputation has improved dramatically.

This group buy is still on. There is a member on the 9-4X group that actually just installed one in his 9-5, but only with HDMI input, not Carplay/AndroidAuto, so we're batting around a few questions over there to get what we can out of his experiences. Hopefully I'll have some closure ont eh next step for this early next week, and we can move forward with the purchase soon.
Has anyone installed it that is willing to comment about their experience? I saw the youtube video, but can't tell if they had to install the little microphone and what the overall user experience has been. I received mine and may try the install tomorrow, I just honestly don't know if it is worth the effort. For those who did install kit, where did you place the interface so that it is out of sight. Any comments would be appreciated. thanks all.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Has anyone installed it that is willing to comment about their experience? I saw the youtube video, but can't tell if they had to install the little microphone and what the overall user experience has been. I received mine and may try the install tomorrow, I just honestly don't know if it is worth the effort. For those who did install kit, where did you place the interface so that it is out of sight. Any comments would be appreciated. thanks all.
I didn't get any response to my questions.. I haven't had the time to try installing myself so please share your thoughts after

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
I didn't get any response to my questions.. I haven't had the time to try installing myself so please share your thoughts after

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Hi sorry, I didn't see the replies on the form yet! HUD is not affected at all. You have to remove the entire dash plate (plastic with all the buttons and knobs) to get to the silverbox (brain of radio) to make the connections. What I ended up doing with the microphone was that i installed it behind the dash plate (in the silverbox). The microphone isn't used for calls, it's used only for google now for example when you want to respond to a text. It works well enough. I chose the SRX unit since that's what OP said to order. It is a hassle to install but it works well and just as advertised.

Cheers,
Nick

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi sorry, I didn't see the replies on the form yet! HUD is not affected at all. You have to remove the entire dash plate (plastic with all the buttons and knobs) to get to the silverbox (brain of radio) to make the connections. What I ended up doing with the microphone was that i installed it behind the dash plate (in the silverbox). The microphone isn't used for calls, it's used only for google now for example when you want to respond to a text. It works well enough. I chose the SRX unit since that's what OP said to order. It is a hassle to install but it works well and just as advertised.

Cheers,
Nick
Thanks! The microphone looks fugly so I didn’t want to see it as well...now I know what it is needed for so I may just follow your lead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts

Cheers,
Nick

·
Registered
8 Posts
How did you handle the wires? My radio will not fit with the harness attached. Also, did you put the Navtool on the side of the console under the carpet as the company suggests?

·
Registered
24 Posts
How did you handle the wires? My radio will not fit with the harness attached. Also, did you put the Navtool on the side of the console under the carpet as the company suggests?
Hi,
I ended up routing the wires to the side in order for the radio to fit and yes, thats where i put my box

41 - 51 of 51 Posts