SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be up at Napierville today for time trials in case anyone in the Montreal area is going today also:D

I still have my winter tires on unfortunately, I did not expect the weather to be so nice the first week of April and do not have time to change them over for today at the track. I just installed a ported throttle body and port matched intake manifold to test out today.

Hope to see some of you at the track today or later this year.

Cheers,
VTuner

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Oh that sucks - I'm going up north for Easter in an hour :cry:

I would have come for sure. Next time if you are heading our direction let me know and I'll be there.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Nice!! so finally what was your time??

Tell me next time you go.. im not far from there (30 min..)

·
Registered
691 Posts
On an other forum (monchar.com) we have a big event the 23 may at napierville

A big meet of car, there's an expo + drift + drag... if you want to participate its 20$ or 10$ to assist..

http://www.monchar.com/monshow.php

I will be there... could be fun to see some other saab!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
April 11 Napierville - 13.40 @ 108mph

I must apologize first for not posting that I would be up at the track today - I was uncertain what the weather had in mind today, but it turned out to be a really nice cool (56F) partly cloudy day so I zipped up to the track to test the ported throttle body a bit more with Stage 2.

Last week the car ran really poorly (like 13.9 -14 seconds) with the new TB. Today it was still misbehaving in 4th gear like last week (closing down the throttle and oscillating between 50-85% in 4th gear), but not quite as bad as my best time was 13.40 seconds at 108mph. My best trap speed for the day was 110.4 mph. All runs were on 93 octane pump gas and I was running my winter tires (Nokian Hakkapeliitta RSi 235/45-17s):cheesy:

So far I do not see any significant airflow gains (even in 1st-3rd gears which seem to be running fine) with the ported TB. As far as I can see we are currently limited by the 19T compressor flow limits. I am watching the GM V6 twin turbo development closely as that might present new options that we can adopt in the future.

Cheers,
Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
13.4 and still having problems in 4th is crazy, i wish i didn't live so far away i'd love to come watch this at the strip

after all this talk of vtune and stage 2 i've really been contemplating trading in for an 06+ aero

·
Registered
691 Posts
13.4 !!! Damn real nice !!!

My best run with my 2004 aero (chipped MP 266 hp 301 tq (crank)) was 14.7

·
Registered
691 Posts
well ive made 14.7 but I wish to make a better time.. and im ''auto'' but driving with the manuel mode... if you have a manuel transmission im sure you can beat this!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
gotcha, so i'd be possibly looking at a run around 14.5, not too bad

makes me wonder if i should just put the money i'd end up spending for the tune back into getting another bike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts