SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm in the final stages of reassembly after replacing the tranny in my '90 turbo 900. When I lifted the motor/trans out of the car, I decided not to remove the oil cooler lines directly. Rather, I removed the triangular piece held to the block with three bolts, the one which is connected to the two lines and the oil filter.

Needless to say, the gasket between said part and the block fell apart in the process. I need to get another one - but I don't want to go through a charade at several auto parts stores in order to obtain the gasket I need.

So... let's play a little game of Name That Gasket! What IS the correct name for it?

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I'm in the final stages of reassembly after replacing the tranny in my '90 turbo 900. When I lifted the motor/trans out of the car, I decided not to remove the oil cooler lines directly. Rather, I removed the triangular piece held to the block with three bolts, the one which is connected to the two lines and the oil filter.

Needless to say, the gasket between said part and the block fell apart in the process. I need to get another one - but I don't want to go through a charade at several auto parts stores in order to obtain the gasket I need.

So... let's play a little game of Name That Gasket! What IS the correct name for it?
oil filter housing gasket, readily available from www.eeuroparts.com

People have used 518 before, I'm not sure how successful it is.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oil filter housing gasket
That sounds about right. Thanks for the info!

People have used 518 before, I'm not sure how successful it is.
I was tempted to try, since all the auto parts stores closed a couple hours ago. But I'm not desperate (yet), so we'll see if I can obtain one tomorrow. If not, then I guess it's time to try the silly-cone :lol:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
If you can't get the gasket, which I think likely, make your own from gasket material, or if you're really stuck, thin card. I've used 518 here, with no gasket, and guess what no leaks, but you have to make sure both surfaces are clean and flat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts