SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 SET and the other day I filled up the windshield washer fluid resevoir and to my disbelief, I noticed some of the fluid leaking out from behind the front bumper. Anybod know where or what causes this leak?? Is there an overflow or something.?? Thanks
Also, my washer sprayers are junk. They shoot over the windshield and spray a hard stream of fluid. I just thought I would throw that last part in to see if I feel better and I think it worked.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The leak near the front bumper is probably a leak in the hose leading to the headlamp wipers.

The overshoot is probably due to the sprayers not being well aligned due to wear on the clip / washer that holds them in place. I was able to re-aim mine by jamming a folded piece of dense paper towel (gas station grade) under the hood where the hose connects to the sprayer.

I'm temporarily pulling that particular mod tomorrow, as I'm driving from L.A. to Chicago and need to let people know that their following me too closely with their high beams on. I'll typically go through 2 gallons of fluid during the 2 day, 2,000 mile trip. Slightly more subtle than the bilge pump that my brother mounted to the back of his '77 AMC Gremlin X.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
I have the same leak in the '96.

It may be that for you(and I) the restrictor valve for the headlight washers is leaking.
This is very easy to access, but this tiny little plastic valve is costly(for me).
Maybe I will try to "fix" it, for now, I have no headlite washers.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts