SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i changed my cv axle and water pump, the pump was changed because i was losing coolant from right at the water pump, i made the logical assumption that it was the pump itself leaking out of the weep hole because my leak only occurs while the engine is running, none of the hoses looked too bad so i am now thoroughly confused, the leak still exists even after installing the new pump (which ranks in the top 5 of crap jobs i have done on my cars) any ideas or similar experiences, TIA, J

·
Registered
779 Posts
other things that will leak at the water pump:

o-ring at water pipe on 'face' of motor (belt-side).
o-rings at block passage (exhaust manifold side).
banjo bolt for coolant pipe from turbo.

when i do a pump the 3 o-rings are a no-brainer to replace as well. i've had a stubborn leak at the banjo bolt that took filing the mating surface on the backside of the pump flat to fix.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rally900 said:
other things that will leak at the water pump:

o-ring at water pipe on 'face' of motor (belt-side).
o-rings at block passage (exhaust manifold side).
banjo bolt for coolant pipe from turbo.

when i do a pump the 3 o-rings are a no-brainer to replace as well. i've had a stubborn leak at teh banjo bolt that took filing the mating surface on the backside of the pump flat to fix.
i think you may be right, i am not to keen on taking it back out tomorrow, but hey after today it will be a breeze to tear apart again tomorrow

·
Registered
779 Posts
dry everything on that corner of the engine so you can really pinpoint the leak. run the car for a little bit and watch where it is. I chased similar leaks all over my 9k when i first got it.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
jeffspicoli said:
today i changed my cv axle and water pump, the pump was changed because i was losing coolant from right at the water pump, i made the logical assumption that it was the pump itself leaking out of the weep hole because my leak only occurs while the engine is running, none of the hoses looked too bad so i am now thoroughly confused, the leak still exists even after installing the new pump (which ranks in the top 5 of crap jobs i have done on my cars) any ideas or similar experiences, TIA, J

You need to lubricate the o-rings with vaseline before install. They pinch easily and get destroyed if pinched. I leared to get a spare handy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts