SaabCentral Forums banner

Mystery Clutch pedal problem. at wits end.

601 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jim Mesthene 
#1 ·
From the beginning- I had my tranny rebuilt and while it was out I got my clutch replaced a little while ago with a Spec 2+ (was a piece and was totally unbalanced, had to get it balanced at a shop) and the slave cylinder was replaced at the same time. Now before I did this I had ZERO issues with the pedal. About 2 weeks-ish after I had the work done, the clutch pedal started returning back slow after the engine would heat up (not with use...eg, I would use it in town, cold, and it would be perfect, then get on freeway for 60mile drive and the first time using it off the freeway it would return pretty slowly). So i had the master cylinder replaced, it got better, but basically still did it. So then I got the pressure line AND reservoir-to-master line replaced, new dot4 fluid re power bled today....and it STILL does it!! Now its better than it was when it first started, but it still makes any sort of speed shifting nearly impossible once the car is warmed up...when its cold its perfect.

Please help, I'm tired of dumping money into this thing and its just no fun at all to drive.

#2 ·
There is some play in my pedal which goes away when I bleed it. I have replaced everything except for the hose from the res. I'm wondering if I don't have a good connection/ slight hole. Which is causing just enough air to get in to cause this. Maybe our problems are the same, maybe they aren't, I'm not sure. Just food for thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.